• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Regarding Salmon Run: Matchmaking

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
Hello, does anyone know for sure if they match you up with teams that are on the same rank/profreshional level as you?

I still see people shooting bosses where they are invulnerable!!!

What's more infuriating is the ROLLERS don't INK the floor!!!

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
Real issue:
Could I not get a pay cut if I don't even have a
「4TH MEMBER」
To be honest, I do not know. What Salmon Run title are you? I could kinda get the idea if I knew.
Right now I am half way through Profreshional.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Real issue:
Could I not get a pay cut if I don't even have a
「4TH MEMBER」
This. This, this this this. This is the sole reason I'm not a Profreshional anymore. In fact, I was halfway through Profreshional, but because we only had three players and we got stomped in the first wave, I was shot down all the way back to 40 points in Overachiever.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It seems like the game lowers the wave quota when there's less players, but doesn't reduce the difficulty or enemy spawn count. Because that makes perfect sense.

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
It seems like the game lowers the wave quota when there's less players, but doesn't reduce the difficulty or enemy spawn count. Because that makes perfect sense.
AND that player has the best weapon, while we get stuck with junk.

Roller is just god like when Salmon Rush comes up, and I get pissed if roller dude would just go fly a kite.

Last edited:

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
I reached 185% day two and have to shamefully admit sometimes i start "panicking" when there are 3 Steelheads.

Also its damn hard to snipe the bombs on their had because they wiggle around like crazy! Its way easier with the splattling...

But yes ignoring the salmon bosses are a thing and a pain in the ***, just keep the numbers low and you should be fine... mostly.

Btw. I only had three people match in over 50 or so salmon runs.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
All I really want is a boss danger room. Let me practice on bosses during the off hours so I don't screw up and take someone's score down.

Olly0014

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3755-4752-6987
I think the real problem is the choice of weapons. For example, on Saturday my team won barely any games because of the choice of weapons. Like seriously, inkbrush and roller are useless against bosses like Steelheads...

Luckily, today the selection is more usable!

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
Well the Splattling User should kill the Steelheads, the weapon rotation isnt that bad but its wven more demanding for people keep up.

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
I reached 185% day two and have to shamefully admit sometimes i start "panicking" when there are 3 Steelheads.

Also its damn hard to snipe the bombs on their had because they wiggle around like crazy! Its way easier with the splattling...

But yes ignoring the salmon bosses are a thing and a pain in the ***, just keep the numbers low and you should be fine... mostly.

Btw. I only had three people match in over 50 or so salmon runs.
Try to charge and aim above the second opening ahead of time.

I think top priority Boss should be Stinger, anyone?

I think the real problem is the choice of weapons. For example, on Saturday my team won barely any games because of the choice of weapons. Like seriously, inkbrush and roller are useless against bosses like Steelheads...

Luckily, today the selection is more usable!
Roller is god like, I saved so many people with roller and took care of Salmon Rush no problem.

The thing is you do not need to pop Steelhead's bomb in one go, you damage their overall health each time you attack. This is why all 4 people should attack at the same time, and even roller will do heavy damage overtime.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Try to charge and aim above the second opening ahead of time.

I think top priority Boss should be Stinger, anyone?

Roller is god like, I saved so many people with roller and took care of Salmon Rush no problem.

The thing is you do not need to pop Steelhead's bomb in one go, you damage their overall health each time you attack. This is why all 4 people should attack at the same time, and even roller will do heavy damage overtime.
I'd argue that Steel Eels should be top priority. Every boss is deadly if they gang up, but the Eels are a force multiplier, if more than one of those shows up and goes unchecked you'll probably get boxed in and wiped out.

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
Throwing my two cents into this, no matter how good you are, or how high your rank in Salmon Run is. You are inevitably going to come across a player that do not know what they are doing sooner or later.

With that said, by spectating Salmon Run matches on Twitch and watching videos of such on YouTube, I agree the weapon pool is a little questionable.

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
I'd argue that Steel Eels should be top priority. Every boss is deadly if they gang up, but the Eels are a force multiplier, if more than one of those shows up and goes unchecked you'll probably get boxed in and wiped out.
Maybe we should start a Salmon Run bosses polls?

Throwing my two cents into this, no matter how good you are, or how high your rank in Salmon Run is. You are inevitably going to come across a player that do not know what they are doing sooner or later.

With that said, by spectating Salmon Run matches on Twitch and watching videos of such on YouTube, I agree the weapon pool is a little questionable.
Shouldn't incompetent players never get to higher level since this game mode is so hard?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Shouldn't incompetent players never get to higher level since this game mode is so hard?
Regardless of mode, incompetent players always get carried higher than they should be. This happens in ANY team-based game, it's just kind of a fact of life.

Also hey, sorry about getting off on the wrong foot the other day :)

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
Maybe we should start a Salmon Run bosses polls?

i like the idea but we should clarify if we vote for the most dangerous boss or for the most dangerous boss groups. One Steeleel isnt dangerous 2-3 is a nightmare, 2-3 stingers are way more manageable while one can be dangerous enough, same with firefly, 1 is already a problem, while 3 is pure hell they are all still dodgeable.

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
Regardless of mode, incompetent players always get carried higher than they should be. This happens in ANY team-based game, it's just kind of a fact of life.

Also hey, sorry about getting off on the wrong foot the other day :)
This is the exact reason I want Voice Chat, so I could yell at them (plus the noobs that would go out of the way to ink the floor while not playing Ranked Matches).

lol, don't worry about it.

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
i like the idea but we should clarify if we vote for the most dangerous boss or for the most dangerous boss groups. One Steeleel isnt dangerous 2-3 is a nightmare, 2-3 stingers are way more manageable while one can be dangerous enough, same with firefly, 1 is already a problem, while 3 is pure hell they are all still dodgeable.
I see, we should have more discussion before starting that thread.

While we are at it, does anyone have any good ideas to find the Goldie? It seems it's best to just shoot at all the valves because time is short to check the light.

I guess my beef with Stinger is that roller/brush/splattershot people do not keep the floor inked, I just never seem to be able to dodge because half the match the floor is pure green, Pure Green.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The ink spewing from the valves gets taller and glows more the closer to the Goldie you are, so if you hit a valve and it spews almost no ink, check the other side of the map.

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
Ok i reached 200% today and after some tries i beat it... and wtf its still going further?! I am now at 205% this is insane!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom