• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Regarding Salmon Run: Matchmaking

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
^Yeah it goes up to 240%.

I've been as high as 225% and sometimes my team still shoots the one that comes out of the ground instead of dropping a bomb.

Also they don't know how to aim their bombs even with a guide marker into the box dude.

And finally they kill enemies 200 KM away from the egg base instead of luring them close. Zzz.

Sometimes a big part of your success is the team comp. I think the comp that's on right now is pretty good. No chargers or blasters :)

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus

I've been as high as 225% and sometimes my team still shoots the one that comes out of the ground instead of dropping a bomb.

Also they don't know how to aim their bombs even with a guide marker into the box dude.

And finally they kill enemies 200 KM away from the egg base instead of luring them close. Zzz.

Sometimes a big part of your success is the team comp. I think the comp that's on right now is pretty good. No chargers or blasters :)
Yeah sometimes i kill them too far away aswell, especially when we reached out quota, at this point i just want to survive. ^^

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
Aren't bonuses provided when you exceed the quota, though? And if I'm not mistaken, there is a boss during the UFO event that will steal eggs that you've already collected.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Aren't bonuses provided when you exceed the quota, though? And if I'm not mistaken, there is a boss during the UFO event that will steal eggs that you've already collected.
If there's 3 Flyfish and 3 Steelheads, or any similar scenario, once you've got your quota discretion is the better part of not dying. Sometimes it's best to just run out the clock once the situation gets really out of control.

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx

I saw a Japanese guy at 300% somewhere

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
This. This, this this this. This is the sole reason I'm not a Profreshional anymore. In fact, I was halfway through Profreshional, but because we only had three players and we got stomped in the first wave, I was shot down all the way back to 40 points in Overachiever.
Oh god, this so much. I once lost my Profreshional rank because Salmon Run put me into a game with no other teammates at all. In fact, it happened to me a few times. The furthest I ever got was making it past the first wave, and my strategy for that amounted to getting two eggs and then running laps around the island until time ran out. Better yet, the first time this happened to me, the weapon I got was the Inkbrush. If I hadn't known better, I'd have sworn the game was trolling me at that point.

Though honestly, it's kind of fun in a way. It's interesting to see how far you can get, kind of like a challenge mode. But the fact that the game penalises you for being understaffed is just stupid. And the fact that a rank-down takes 60 points out of your new rank instead of what you should've lost is just salt in the wound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom