• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Reliable data???

FlamingZelda

Inkling
NNID
FlamingZelda
Hey, so I was looking around on inkipedia for information on respawn rates, hp regeneration rate, whether or not respawns take longer after more deaths, and damage for certain weapons. I couldn't find anything on the first three topics, and there was a discrepancy on weapon damage for the Splattershot Pro. The weapon page says it does 55 dmg, while a graph on the defense up page says it does 42, and the splatoon wikia claims it does 60 dmg.

So I have three questions.

Is there a site where I can find and learn the inner mechanics of the game? (like serenes forest or serebii)
Which of these pages is wrong and where can I find reliable data? (I guess a repeat of question 1)
And what is the difference between base damage and actual damage?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think I can help,
upload_2017-6-15_8-48-47.png
... in game weapon rating values are confusing, and only make sense when comparing a weapon's stats to another gun in the same class (splattershot v .52 gal, squiffer v e-liter, etc.)
So it is best to ignore those values when doing anything except weapon comparison.

The number circled in blue in the above pic. (also the numbers that show up on those damage charts on inkipedia) are the actual in game damage numbers, aka. how much damage each bullet you fire does (before reaching it's max effective range and begins to fall) to your opponent.

Regarding respawning, it is a static time for respawning throughout the match, barring any gear abilities modifying it. It matters naught when or how many times you get splatted. Only :ability_quickrespawn: and :ability_lastditcheffort: can affect your respawn time.

And I've... actually never bothered to look into regen values... huh
If you can't find it on Inkipedia, try checking the Inkademy discord server.

Lastly, regarding getting hard data on your own via internet, I'd recommend Inkipedia, The Inkademy (discord, check channel "#data") oooor the jp wiki (they also have good numbers, but I don't much care for navigating a site in aa foreign language if I ca help it)

I haven't used the wikia for at least a yearand a half, so I cannot attest to how accurate their data is xP

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
Hey, so I was looking around on inkipedia for information on respawn rates, hp regeneration rate, whether or not respawns take longer after more deaths, and damage for certain weapons. I couldn't find anything on the first three topics, and there was a discrepancy on weapon damage for the Splattershot Pro. The weapon page says it does 55 dmg, while a graph on the defense up page says it does 42, and the splatoon wikia claims it does 60 dmg.

So I have three questions.

Is there a site where I can find and learn the inner mechanics of the game? (like serenes forest or serebii)
Which of these pages is wrong and where can I find reliable data? (I guess a repeat of question 1)
And what is the difference between base damage and actual damage?
Hp mechanics, you say? Gotchu:

https://squidboards.com/threads/health-regeneration-enemy-ink-damage-mechanics.2688/#post-46352

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom