Replays/Spectating/YouTube/Betting

shane3x

Full Squid
This game needs a replay feature, the ability to just watch people play and even bet some coins on which team will win. Smash bros has all these features so it can be done.

pixelatedcody

[S+99] Octoshot {AKA Pixel]
NNID
cncody
Spectating would be a blast. similar to how smash does it. There's not many shooters out there that let people just jump in and spectate.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Just because Smash has it doesn't mean that Splatoon's engine can easily implement it, unfortunately. That being said, I'd love this feature too.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Just because Smash has it doesn't mean that Splatoon's engine can easily implement it, unfortunately. That being said, I'd love this feature too.
It does certainly depend. I'm not sure how Mario kart 8 does things, (like if it even has spectating options), but it also has a replay type function.

I think the engine could always be adjusted to record gameplay. Nintendo has done it twice now with two different genres so they should be used to how to do it.

I would certainly love to see it implemented. Don't know how much use I'll get out of spectating, but there are always crazy things happening in this game, so I would love a replay feature.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I do definitely want a spectate mode. It'd make waiting to get into games sooo much less frustrating.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
It does certainly depend. I'm not sure how Mario kart 8 does things, (like if it even has spectating options), but it also has a replay type function.

I think the engine could always be adjusted to record gameplay. Nintendo has done it twice now with two different genres so they should be used to how to do it.

I would certainly love to see it implemented. Don't know how much use I'll get out of spectating, but there are always crazy things happening in this game, so I would love a replay feature.
It will always be technically possible to add spectator mode, but if Splatoon's engine doesn't already have enough features and code in place to make a spectator mode feasible, it will be too time consuming and expensive for Nintendo to consider it. It's not a simple thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom