• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Request A Weapon

Sushi_Gal_

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SushiGuyGamesNN
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS PURELY MY OPINION ON THESE WEAPONS!

Basically just name a weapon for me to try, and after using it for five matches I'll review it.(and maybe post a video here of a match or two (no commentary))

Weapons covered:
L3 Nozzlenose
Splash-O-Matic
.52 Gal
ELitre-3K
Carbon Roller
Custom Jet Squelcher

Last edited:

Sushi_Gal_

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SushiGuyGamesNN
Alrighty! L3 Nozzlenose comin' up in about 10 minutes!

Sushi_Gal_

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SushiGuyGamesNN
Here it is!
1st match: Wow! This is a pretty good weapon!
2nd match: Still good, but I'm too vulnerable for that second where I'm not firing.
3rd match: I'm getting plenty of kills with this!
4th match: The disruptor is a great sub weapon for the Nozzle!
5th match: I think this is a tank for kills.

Review:
The L3 Nozzlenose is a great gun. With great power, decent fire rate and a good sub weapon, this weapon can be a tank if you use it right. The Killer Wail is great for pushing in on the enemy base. I won 4 out of 5 matches with this gun, all on Port Mackerel. My one issue with this gun is the fact that rollers will easily kill you.

Rating:
4 and a half ink tanks out of 5.

Video:

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Neat!

You should try the Splash-O-Matic next. I consider it a really great weapon for its accuracy and its sub/special combo, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on it!

Sushi_Gal_

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SushiGuyGamesNN
Okey dokey! Coming right up!
Ilovethisgunsomuch≧◡≦

nick2427

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CM86
Thanks! I'm glad you were able to use it. It's one if my favorites but I didn't know if I was the only one who thought it was decent. Look forward to the video.

Sushi_Gal_

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SushiGuyGamesNN
1st match: Okay... We lost. I'm not sure if it's because there were level 7s and 9s on my team, (for whatever reason) or if it's because the only other level 20 on my team was not a good team mate.
2nd match: I love this gun so much
3rd match: Why did I stop using this thing?
4th match: I love killing rollers with suction bombs, but Bomb Rush can leave you open to be splatted.
5th match: This thing... Why in the WORLD did I stop using it?!

Review:
The Splash-O-Matic is an incredibly powerful gun. It's basically the better version of the Aerospray. With a fantastic fire rate, good sub and special, and a more pin pointed "squirt" it is great for killing in a tight situation. It spreads ink super fast so you can build up your special, (Suction) Bomb Rush. The s Bomb Rush is great for getting your ink colour in those places you can barely reach, and the Suction Bomb alone is great for taking out rollers. Note that you are a bit vulnerable during the Bomb Rush though!
You can never stop winning!

Rating:
5 ink tanks out of 5.

Video:
http://sendvid.com/kjewxpj3

Last edited:

Sushi_Gal_

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SushiGuyGamesNN
1st Match: Meh.. It's not too good for Turf War
2nd Match: I take that back
3rd Match: This thing is great!
4th Match: It's not good for covering turf, but it rocks for kills.
5th Match: Jajajaja!

Review:
.52 Gal is a great weapon for Ranked Battles. For Turf War, not so much, unless you want the role of supporting and defending your team with kills. It's sub weapon, Splash Wall, is great for blocking off enemy fire while you fire away, and the Special is great for moving in. Overall, this gun suits ranked battle more than Turf War, but is decent at covering turf.

Rating:
4 ink tanks out of 5.

Video: http://sendvid.com/2ilv2uji

Last edited:

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Neat thing you're doing here.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the Carbon Roller.

Sushi_Gal_

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SushiGuyGamesNN
1st Match: Yeah! Lightning fast 'fling'!
2nd Match: Okay, the fling is a bit weak.
3rd Match: Fling multiple times
4th match: Blackbelly Skatepark is the rollers enemy
5th match: YAS!

Review: The Carbon Roller is a great weapon. Though it isn't as powerful as the Dynamo roller, it is great for those who can play defensively and offensively extremely well. This weapon does rely on having helpful teammates because if you get stuck in a roller on roller fight, chances are you'll need some help. The burst bombs are okay, though they aren't the best thing in the world. They're used more as a scare tactic than a weapon. The Inkzooka is a great special, but you need to be careful on levels like Bluefin Depot and Saltspray Rig.

Rating: 4 and a half ink tanks out of 5.

Video: http://sendvid.com/yq1u3j3b

vsock

Inkling
NNID
sockchan
Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the E-Litre 3K!

Sushi_Gal_

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SushiGuyGamesNN
Okay!
----------

Custom Jet:

1st Match: This will get some getting used to.
2nd Match: Man, this thing is slow. It's got a great special and range, but it's fire rate...
3rd Match: HM... It's pretty good!
4th Match: Burst Bombs are pretty good with this.
5th Match: I suck with this gun.

Review:
The Custom Jet Squelcher is not a good gun for people like me who like rapid fire guns. I'm not saying this gun is bad, though! It's sub is great for surprising enemies, and the kraken is great for pushing right in on the enemy. It's range is fantastic, but for an automatic gun, the fire rate isn't as good as the range.
This gun would probably be better for those who can pick it up and take the time to learn how to use it well! :)

Rating:
4 ink tanks out of 5.

Video:

(Ps: I put my thumb down in the video because I suck with this gun.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom