Resources for the Competitive Scene: Sendou.ink

starry_echo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0303-8738-0802
If I were to say one single resource that is the most helpful for a deeper look at the game's workings, it would have to be the website Sendou.ink. It cannot be overstated what this resource provides, so I just want to make a couple highlights of it below.

Salmonrun.ink is sort of this website but for salmon run, which I won't make a post for but is also REALLY helpful. The below paragraphs are further rambling about Sendou's resources.

The Planner: Lets you mark up an overhead view of any map/mode combination. This is utterly FANTASTIC for trying to think about good positions in the game for solo. It helps a lot to visualize plays you may want to coordinate with your teammates in a team environment. Bring this up when reviewing your own replays to think about other spots you could try to position!

Builds: Lets you find other players' gear builds, for inspiration and comparison to your own builds. Players who have gotten top 500 in X rank are placed at the top of the search results for each weapon, so these are some of the best gear sets out there to reference. You can also put filters on a search if, for example, you only want Splattershot builds that are wearing Comeback. Very useful to create builds from a weapon you don't know what it needs.

Build Analyzer: Lets you look at the stats of two gear builds side-by-side. Can be really helpful for making better-informed decisions about gear (remember, certain sub abilities are extremely effective with one sub but not when stacked with a pure, e.g. Quick Super Jump and Special Saver). It's also useful to figure out how much of an ability you need for a benchmark, such as how much ISM for one extra shot after a fizzy bomb for Sloshing Machine.

Videos/VODs: A compilation of high-level tournaments, scrimmages, and games. I can't overstate the value of watching gameplay from others, ESPECIALLY from skilled players using your own weapon. This is up all the time, unlike Twitch streams (though those are also highly recommended!).

These are just the highlights from the website. It's packed with helpful resources that will definitely elevate your gameplay.

SkyeTheDemon

Inkling
Pronouns
They/He
Switch Friend Code
SW-5356-4165-6029
I think that also Splatoon Stronghold is pretty helpful to find tournaments within the competitive scene as well going further on the completive aspect of this
It's updated frequently, and also has orgs and other discord servers that are resource filled as well^^

What's here is already really splendid as is tho to help w/ a better understanding of the game itself <33
Love u echo <333

starry_echo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0303-8738-0802
I think that also Splatoon Stronghold is pretty helpful to find tournaments within the competitive scene as well going further on the completive aspect of this
It's updated frequently, and also has orgs and other discord servers that are resource filled as well^^

What's here is already really splendid as is tho to help w/ a better understanding of the game itself <33
Love u echo <333
I agree completely, was planning on talking about them relatively soon actually! :'o and hey skye ilyyy <3

freshsquiffer

Fruity Pink Inkling
NNID
Timeflyer
Switch Friend Code
SW-4789-4432-9397
Honestly, Sendou cannot be underestimated- but most of its value is really what you put into it. There's no step by step guide on that site on a right or wrong way to use it (and being able to see most common/popular builds is confusing to me due to how the search system for them works?)
Usually I just rely on my pals and buddies to help me with builds or advice for comps

I think vods are probably the most important resource on the site though, especially being able to tell how good a player is and what weapons they use is invaluable!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom