[RESULTS POSTED] Let's make a Side Order tier list together!

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
what's up gang

So something I've done a few times now in a few other places is helped make a community average tier list. To do this, all I need is to get as many people as possible to send me their opinions so I can average them. Please fill out this form to the best of your ability. I've left options for you to exclude your opinions on a certain weapon from the rankings if there's one or a few you feel like you don't know enough about.

I'll probably close this in a few days, just whenever I feel like submissions are slowing down. Will probably give one final 24 hour warning for this before then. Thanks!

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Alright, submissions are closed since it's been a day since anyone's responded. Here's the results...

1709410638241.png

And if you want the data....

1709411021664.png

The Xs are in place of when someone gave no input, and the red is when an answer was ignored out of being an outlier. I counted a number as an "outlier" if it was over 2 whole points away from the average. Thank you guys for your input! Any disagreements here?

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
Appreciate you putting this together! It is interesting to see the variety of responses too; some people certainly had very different experiences with some of these weapons! But at least we mostly agree that charger is ridiculous and dualies were among the most difficult, hah.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
It's very difficult to come up with an accurate Palette tier list because each weapon has its own unique strengths.

The one thing I feel strongly about is Stringer having the worst Palette. Its favored chip tone doesn't synergize with the weapon, and its kit is the worst out of all the palettes. I tried using it for a monotone low-hacks run, and it just couldn't do anything to avoid death.

I feel like the way to judge each palette most accurately is a monotone low-hacks run.
I'll have to make my own tier list once I do that for all the weapons. This might take a while...

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
It's very difficult to come up with an accurate Palette tier list because each weapon has its own unique strengths.

The one thing I feel strongly about is Stringer having the worst Palette. Its favored chip tone doesn't synergize with the weapon, and its kit is the worst out of all the palettes. I tried using it for a monotone low-hacks run, and it just couldn't do anything to avoid death.

I feel like the way to judge each palette most accurately is a monotone low-hacks run.
I'll have to make my own tier list once I do that for all the weapons. This might take a while...
I think there's a number of ways you could look at it that ultimately will lead you to a similar spot. How easy is it to win a run with a weapon when everything goes your way? How reliant on getting the right chips is the weapon, and how easily can it get those? Are the weapon's flaws bad enough for run-ending things to feel like they appear often? You could find any one of those questions more important to consider than the others, and there are some people who are going to find certain weapons harder, and yet there was a pretty popular opinion for most of these.

Very little chance that any tier list is going to perfectly line up with everyone else's opinion though. You're free to post yours once you're done if you'd like!

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
First off, I'm very pleased with myself that I was first in the order, and second, I genuinely think Charger is like 90% useless, but I guess I'm just weird like that. Thanks Dz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom