• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Riding the tower

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
So we all know blasters are great for splatting people who are on the tower and such, but what are good weapons for actually riding the tower?
.52 Gal seems great with its high damage and Splash Walls, Ink mines are also a great sub to have while riding but I want to know your opions ad experiences

TenZa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TenZaBlade
You just reminded me of how I was playing last night and someone managed to get a Splash Wall set up perfectly ON the tower at the last 20 meters on Urchin Underpass and now I'm salty again. Pretty difficult to do without it flying or bouncing off somewhere

To answer your question though: the Dynamo rollers are pretty good because in the hands of someone decent with one, it's like a mobile wave of ink rushing toward you that 1-shots on touch. Plus Dynamo has bombs to pressure when the enemy is on or near the tower

TenZa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TenZaBlade
I agree with @TenZa. I think all the roller type weapons are good at holding the tower to be honest.
Yea literally every single one brings something to tower control:

Dynamo: giant Ink wave for offense/defense + sprinkler on the tower pressure + echolocator (good everywhere)

Gold: giant Ink wave + splat bomb near the tower + Inkstrike (auto-clears the tower either by forcing them to jump off or killing them)

Carbon (my main in Tower Control): Speed allows you to hop off the tower, address threats in 1 shot, and then get back on very quickly + Burst bombing the tower + Zooka people on the tower

Regular/Hero: Flick is great at clearing the tower + Suction Bombs (MVP of Tower Control)

Krak-on: Go Kraken at the last few meters and you auto-win

Njok

Bouncer
I also had decent succes with the 96 on the tower because of it's range and power. I'd rather defend it or clear the path, but we all know those moments when your team refuses to get on it and you have to, and it worked out pretty well.

And if you miss a few shots and get pressure, jump off and put a wall out.

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
I'd rather defend it or clear the path, but we all know those moments when your team refuses to get on it and you have to.
No one likes being the entire enemy team's primary target but that's exactly why I asked

Njok

Bouncer
No one likes being the entire enemy team's primary target but that's exactly why I asked
I know, but what i meant by that was that in an ideal situation you won't have a 96 riding the tower, because it's a lot more valuable doing other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom