• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Rollouts

Skyward

Inkling
NNID
Skyward9
One thing i noticed from the demo is that the initial "rollout" from your spawn to the centre of the map seems to be an important and currently slept on aspect of the game. I think it is important for an entire team to balance covering their half of the map to gain points, with simultaneously arriving on time to meet the enemy at the centre of the map and preventing them from taking map control.

While it may be a bit too early to consider it since we haven't played in depth every map in the game, I do think it is something we need to consider.

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
I'm personally all for rolling out as quick as possible. You can always paint the areas behind you after you've had the initial engagement.

Whoever manages to take a hold of the biggest areas has an advantage. No point in delaying and letting the enemy set up shop.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Honestly that's very interesting, I generally try to get the small areas away from the middle before going for the middle so that we have outside control.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
I subconsciously ran to the middle of the map every time, and trust me it didn't work out very well. Not only does capturing territory on the side routes get you score, it also works as a reliable escape route.

thefro

Full Squid
Early map control and quick rollouts will be more important in Splat Zones/Tower Control.

It's important in Turf Wars but there are some drawbacks to sacrificing painting your territory for early control. Building up specials is also important, and if you dominate the map early you don't have the territory to paint to build your specials up. A well-coordinated push is capable of flipping the whole match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom