• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

S&F Low Power style of map rotations

jamesrcade

Senior Squid
Hey, I just wanted to ask if anyone thought the way Scarth and fat handled map/modes in their latest tournament was an improvement over the current tournament style.

If you're not aware of what it was:

• First 3 maps are randomly generated with TO tweaking but follow the pattern of SZ-TC-RM
  • If the set is not decided after the third game, the losing team gets to choose the gamemode and map for the fourth round
  • If the set is still not decided, the team that previously didn't get to choose gets to do so now
My only suggestion would be that the team just chooses mode instead of map+mode, and map it set to random.

I still think the current halo style for all 5 games is fine, but maybe this is a nice compromise between halo style and the pick/ban system that has been experimented with.

Justice

Inkster Jr.
NNID
danny2413
all that needs to be said here is keep the format we been using where maps and modes were already predetermined or we could use japense rule set where the mode is randomly generated for each game then random is selected for the map I wouldnt have a problem with this. But putting a ban system and counter pick system takes to long and is a waste of time considering how long our tournies usually last its just more wasted time. Thats my opinion but what the hell do i no :D.

Sendou

Full Squid
NNID
Sendou
Otherwise I liked it but it should be tweaked so that you can't pick a combination that was already played.

all that needs to be said here is keep the format we been using where maps and modes were already predetermined or we could use japense rule set where the mode is randomly generated for each game then random is selected for the map I wouldnt have a problem with this. But putting a ban system and counter pick system takes to long and is a waste of time considering how long our tournies usually last its just more wasted time. Thats my opinion but what the hell do i no :D.
Well I mean I do agree with you for the most part but I don't think this kind of system takes a long time at all. Like just asking from the other team "what do you want to play" or even skip that if the team picking is hosting.

swifT

Octarian Legion Founder | Luna is my Daughter
NNID
swiftea
I didn't think this was bad at all. Definitely agree that you SHOULDNT be able to pick the same map/mode combo that you won on.

Only problem the system really had

scarth

Senior Squid
Credit to THE LITERAL GOD, THE ONE AND ONLY, THE #1 HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD, AMERICA'S MOST WANTED, THE UNSTOPPABLE FORCE, THE BEST SNIPER TO EVER BLESS THIS **** GAME, THE BOSS OF THIS GYM, THE Katsuie for this format

Katsuie

Inkling
Credit to THE LITERAL GOD, THE ONE AND ONLY, THE #1 HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD, AMERICA'S MOST WANTED, THE UNSTOPPABLE FORCE, THE BEST SNIPER TO EVER BLESS THIS **** GAME, THE BOSS OF THIS GYM, THE Katsuie for this format
Nice ****post

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom