S Rank Alt Challenge

PolygonGeorge

Inkster Jr.

So meet P.George. Not to be mistaken for P.G., the character I play with normally on my YT vids. I made this guy last week because I'd been bitten by the splatoon bug once again and wanted to do some old fashioned playing. You know, without talking (I still talk though, can't help it). I got him to S rank recently and it took me up to Level 24 42/120 to do it as fast as I possibly could. It made me think:

What level would you get to before hitting S rank? If you haven't tried it, care for a challenge to see if you can get there before my level?

If you have done it, how did you get on and what level were you by the time you reached S?

I bet there are some real pros on here who could do it super fast so it would be interesting to see how low levelled you could really be at S rank.

PS: If there's already a thread on this, someone feel free to delete this and I'll join on that one.

PPS: It's only a challenge to S rank because I've never gotten to S+ rank before so who knows if I'd ever finish that one! But if you have a level you got to when hitting S+ rank, feel free to chime in and show me up :p.

Edit: Spellsss

Last edited:

jsilva

Inkling Cadet
I got to S by level 29 on my main account and level 26 on my fun account (both soon after levelling up). So not as fast as you!

I did see a level 22 S once...

It's important to point out that once you level up to 20, if you don't leave the lobby you'll still go up in rank but not in level so you could feasibly get to S and still be a level 20. I didn't camp at level 20, just for the record :)

PolygonGeorge

Inkster Jr.
I got to S by level 29 on my main account and level 26 on my fun account (both soon after levelling up). So not as fast as you!

I did see a level 22 S once...

It's important to point out that once you level up to 20, if you don't leave the lobby you'll still go up in rank but not in level so you could feasibly get to S and still be a level 20. I didn't camp at level 20, just for the record :)
22 S is so impressive. I didn't drop thta many on my way up only really in the A ranks so that guy must have been pro.

Ah right that's interesting about the camping thing! I didn't know that thanks. I dropped out when I got 20 to get new weapons that I was waiting for so I didn't realise. Well, I 'm sure people will be honest if they want to compete ;).

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Back in the old days of Splatoon, the level was capped to 20 and ranks were capped at A+. I managed to get to A+ 99 during those dark days. When the level and rank cap increase came out, I played a game in Ranked Battle and won, turning me into a level 21 with S rank.

It took me many more games before I could hit S+, which came around level 35. The skill gap between S and S+ is quite ridiculous.

PolygonGeorge

Inkster Jr.
Back in the old days of Splatoon, the level was capped to 20 and ranks were capped at A+. I managed to get to A+ 99 during those dark days. When the level and rank cap increase came out, I played a game in Ranked Battle and won, turning me into a level 21 with S rank.

It took me many more games before I could hit S+, which came around level 35. The skill gap between S and S+ is quite ridiculous.
VGV! You're such a cheater! You know that doesn't count! :p It needs to be post patch and not camping at 20. Sheesh. No one plays fair around here ;).

Edit: I remember doing the same thing with my main now
... Still!! It's not in the spirit of this game! :P

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I'll probably be Level 50 by the time I make it to S, I'm level 34 and B+ 54. But maybe I'll make an alt to do it again.(Can you switch between alts?)

PolygonGeorge

Inkster Jr.
I'll probably be Level 50 by the time I make it to S, I'm level 34 and B+ 54. But maybe I'll make an alt to do it again.(Can you switch between alts?)
Don't give up! After B ranks I find things get easier. Yeah to make an Alt you just make a new profile on your Wii U and start the game fresh with that new save.

You're only 12 consecutive wins away from S rank. Streaks that long happen :P.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Don't give up! After B ranks I find things get easier. Yeah to make an Alt you just make a new profile on your Wii U and start the game fresh with that new save.

You're only 12 consecutive wins away from S rank. Streaks that long happen :p.
Thanks for the optimism. :) My Splatoon partner should be home soon, so maybe I'll get there then.

Njok

Bouncer
Hit 22 and S at the same time using only the junior. Lost a match before I took the screenshot (I had to do one more rainmaker :P)

I got it at level 21 with my Tri Slosher alt.

But that said, if you have a lot of knockouts it's almost impossible to get it before level 20. And level 20 and 21 are like 3 games in total.
FB_IMG_1451397969372.jpg

FB_IMG_1451397962632.jpg

PolygonGeorge

Inkster Jr.
Hit 22 and S at the same time using only the junior. Lost a match before I took the screenshot (I had to do one more rainmaker :p)

I got it at level 21 with my Tri Slosher alt.

But that said, if you have a lot of knockouts it's almost impossible to get it before level 20. And level 20 and 21 are like 3 games in total.
View attachment 2525
View attachment 2526
Wow nicely done! I did mine with the tri slosher too. Love that weapon so much.

Maybe then that is the best you can do! :P

Njok

Bouncer
Maybe then that is the best you can do! :p
Well you can try to avoid knockouts I guess. But that only really works well in rainmaker and it's boring as hell lol. I actually tried it at first but after 3 games of spawn camping with the rainmaker felt kind of guilty and stopped.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I took a long time to reach S, I reach it at level 46 -.-
Now on my second account I'm A- and about level 24... it's my experimental account where I use lots of weapons that I'm not familiar with so it isn't surprising that I'm not leveling up quickly.

polysaw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
laffysapphy
if i remember correctly, i got to s on my alt at level 19. i have no picture to prove it though ;-;

NYCO

Inkling
NNID
NYCO27
I became an S rank around my 30lvl because I was still an "A" rank when the gap got larger. When I got to "S", I ranked down pretty hard because things were pretty unbalanced (and kinda sucked) at the time...Now I'm "S" rank....again.
More likely gonna do squads now until I can fully master most weapons so I can be flexable to the map and mode rotations. (Neo sploosh o matic is pretty rad.)

kobomb

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lolicomplex
Ah, the lowest i think ive seen was 22 at S, myself didnt get to S rank till 41. The struggle was real, or rather just bad luck getting to A+ was relatively easy though i hit that around 25.

Joy

Data Nerd
Premium
NNID
joythegreat
You can't level up past 20 until you exit and go back into a lobby. I've gotten to S at level 20 multiple times.

It's also possible to get to S as low as 18 if you just focus on low inking weapons and win pretty much every ranked match

Manwell

Inkling
NNID
Manwell
My alt got to S at level 26. I would attribute a-lot of it to very lucky matchmaking though as i did it all solo and i wasn't really trying to go to S straight away. I just got a lucky string of good players on my team and terrible people on the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom