S2 v S3 low level

MrEgg73

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7111-3341-3549
One thing i've been thinking about is what player level "low level" is through time (as a low level). If you look back at S1, even 'top level' isn't especially great nowadays bc we've improved as a whole, but another thing is the games themselves. I didn't play S2 comp (though i've been playing since s1), a lot of the things in the previous games are things which would've made up for problems. If we look at s2, you have ink armour to help fights where mechanics might not be perfect, and if you struggle with special coordination special spam lets you get away with not being amazing at coordination (you can "accidentally" coordinate things more easily). Compare that to this game without these crutches, it feels like you actually have to be a much more well rounded player that can fully outplay opponents. This also ignores the increased number of players meaning you have to beat more people to be considered "mid level"

Would be curious to hear opinions of others, esp people who got out of low level in s2 :)

MrEgg73

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7111-3341-3549
Imo cooler doesn't win you fights, it just makes the fights you do lose less important: there's no way to force a fight win compared to s1 and s2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom