Salmon Run Tips!

ArrrCee

Inkling
I wanted to share a video I made today for players of Salmon Run. These are starter tips so pro players will already know these things, but good to know regardless. What tips would you add? I might do a Part 2! ;)

NNID
drew28
Great video. You covered pretty much everything someone should know going into Salmon Run. If you wanted to make a part 2 maybe you could include some information about the Stages and how they can change i.e. fog and high tide.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I think voice chat is super important.
At the same time. Being a team player is also an issue,I see lots of people trying to do it alone.
I for one am a little guilty of downing a boss and signaling for A team mate... And holding off the Salmonids from the eggs.

Night time is awful and I haven't played in fog for long....

ArrrCee

Inkling
I am thinking about creating a Part 2 for this as well. I have a a small list of things for it already.

Great video. You covered pretty much everything someone should know going into Salmon Run. If you wanted to make a part 2 maybe you could include some information about the Stages and how they can change i.e. fog and high tide.
I think this is a great idea! So far there are only 2 maps right?

I think voice chat is super important.
At the same time. Being a team player is also an issue,I see lots of people trying to do it alone.
I for one am a little guilty of downing a boss and signaling for A team mate... And holding off the Salmonids from the eggs.

Night time is awful and I haven't played in fog for long....
Nighttime fights would be a good thing to talk about as well! Hey, we've all been in these situations in Salmon Run! =)

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
(Hope this thread isn't too old to comment on? I couldn't find any similar threads to talk about Salmon Run tips)
I have a couple of more specific tips I'd like to add on to this!
  • You can still pick up eggs while splatted-if you're empty and near a few, don't let those purple chums get all of them!
  • Steelheads can be splatted with a well-timed Splashdown! Don't use it as your go-to weapon, of course-you've only got two of them-but if you're surrounded by ink or getting swarmed, go for it!
  • You can still escape a Maws when it first surfaces-don't just sit and wait for it to take you!
  • A Steel Eel's body only protects itself-you can still splat salmons on the other side of it!

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
  • Steelheads can be splatted with a well-timed Splashdown! Don't use it as your go-to weapon, of course-you've only got two of them-but if you're surrounded by ink or getting swarmed, go for it!
Only while their bombs are out, of course.
  • A Steel Eel's body only protects itself-you can still splat salmons on the other side of it!
That's just not true. Your ink won't go through it at all--not shots, not bomb explosions, not specials. It's like a giant, moving, indestructible Splash Wall. I don't believe even Sting Ray penetrates it--I've never gotten it to work, anyway.

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
Only while their bombs are out, of course.
That would be why I said "well-timed", yes. ;)

That's just not true. Your ink won't go through it at all--not shots, not bomb explosions, not specials. It's like a giant, moving, indestructible Splash Wall. I don't believe even Sting Ray penetrates it--I've never gotten it to work, anyway.
Oh, my mistake, I think that the salmon I splatted must have been weaving through! This post says Sting Ray doesn't work, too. (not sure if they base that on code or just personal experience, though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom