• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Saltspray Inkrail Upgrade

Do you think Saltspray with Inkrails would be neat?

• Total voters

Cyanhyde

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Evanescyan
So I, like may others, would LOVE to see a map with inkrails. They're a really neat campaign mechanic that allows for quick transportation. However, inkrails have one main problem: they're activated by inking a bulb, so how would that priority work with two teams trying to ink the same bulb? What happens to a squid on the rail if it changed?

There's two solutions to that problem.
1 - Have team-specific inkrails (like spawn)
2 - Put the bulb somewhere only one team can reach (basically same as 1)

So following that train of thought, what would be a neat place to put them?

Well... how about Saltspray?

I give you, Saltspray with inkrails. Only activatable by one team.

The inkrails would be placed as such that you couldn't squid jump into them from anywhere other than the inkrail itself. This means you can only get back ONTO the stage proper with them, not off. At first, they may seem quite unfair: they lead straight to the top, so why not always use them?

Well, just like anything else in Splatoon, there's a risk associated. You're a very easy target on an inkrail, what with a very visible hitbox and restricted movement. A charger, dynamo or long-range weapon could easily pick you off - just like they could on the way into the top area.

Yet the inkrail would somewhat change the dynamic of Saltspray. It grants another access point to the top, rendering the center less of a choke point and more of a fray. But the core of the level is still the same: top and bottom are biggest turf, so if you have them, keep them. It's just harder to keep top now.

As for tower control, splat zones and rainmaker, not much would change, although now you can't easily camp with the Rainmaker in the top if you have the lead, and holding the zone in mid is harder with foes coming in from behind.

So, what do you all think? Share your thoughts politely in the comments.

- Cyanhyde

Attachments

Last edited:

flamestar6

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kris4490
i think that be pretty cool,im thinking about moray towers with that

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Nice suggestion, that would make an interesting and more risky way for Splat Zones on this stage.
I personally think that if a team is able to conquer the upper area well, is hard to take back the zone seconds enough to turn the game.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
This would be really interesting! I honestly would really love to see them update it with these, although I really don't see it happening.

Ott

Inkster Jr.
This would be interesting. What effect would Ninja Squid have on these? I'd really like to see other single player only mechanics in there as well, like Gushers, or armor. Those might be a bit overpowered, though.

flamestar6

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kris4490
gushers could be added to moray maybe but only the team on that side can use it so then matches arent that fast

Ott

Inkster Jr.
Moray Rainmaker is often kinda fast as it is; the ramps really help. Splat Zones almost always takes forever, though. We would also have the problem of Snipe gushing, which would have questionable practicality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom