• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Savescuming: Why it's the worst thing ever... other than you know, murder and well, lots of things.

Silentium

Senior Squid
Just out of curiosity, but, of the masses, how many people do you guys honestly expect know about and perform this exploit regularly?
I remember my trip from A- to A, way back before I took a break from Splatoon. That awkward feeling when you would occasionally get paired up with B+ people, and they would perform much better then most of your A- teams. I don't know how much of that was due to bad luck or savescumming, but I wouldn't be surprised if savescumming had a part in that.

RedgemSoda

Inkster Jr.
Rank scumming is not new to me. A friend of mine has been rank scumming and it bothers me to no end. I worked super hard to S+ and basically when he loses he just resets everything. So rank scumming is a bad thing. True that many people have off days like me who after 2 to 3 battles will get mentally and physically exhausted from all the pressure of battling. But rank scumming is a problem I have been noticing lately quite a lot especially amongst my friends who just started doing just to have the golry of a S+. Yes if Splatoon did have a cloud save then the problem. For now I'll keep defeating my friend in 1vs.1 battles to prove a point but its definitely happening. (No its not a problem in my squad but personal friends who I hang with.)

Claus

Full Squid
NNID
Bluevisionist
You know what else sucks about scumming?

When you lose all your data and have to restart everything. As of now I'm A- level 18 after two days so I'm not too far off retaining my S rank glory again. The climb will be a bit uphill from here.

Anyway kids be very very careful if you plan to scum, or rather don't attempt it at all.

Kiantheboss

Inkling
NNID
kiantheboss1
I'm an S+ rank, and yea, I save scummed once to get it. Let me explain though, i got to S rank with 94 points completely on my own. I was two wins away from legitimately getting S+. Unfortunately, I lost two in a row and it was pretty much over for me; so I decided to save scum a couple times to get it. The thing is though, I only did it BECAUSE I knew I was good enough. Every time I was getting the best K/D on my team, and besides, I was only two wins away anyway. I could've just been carried twice and would've gotten it. So do you guys think I'm still a dirty save scummer? :(

D

Deleted Member

I'm an S+ rank, and yea, I save scummed once to get it. Let me explain though, i got to S rank with 94 points completely on my own. I was two wins away from legitimately getting S+. Unfortunately, I lost two in a row and it was pretty much over for me; so I decided to save scum a couple times to get it. The thing is though, I only did it BECAUSE I knew I was good enough. Every time I was getting the best K/D on my team, and besides, I was only two wins away anyway. I could've just been carried twice and would've gotten it. So do you guys think I'm still a dirty save scummer? :(
Its fine

Njok

Bouncer
If everyone only save scummed like you did, no one would ever notice and this thread would probably not exist, so you're fine, don't worry.

As for gear, I do it and I would do it more if it wasn't (still) such a long and boring process. I don't see how it's any more unfair then the guy who gets a lucky 1 in 55.000 roll without scumming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom