• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

SCL 9: Holiday's End Hullabaloo Results and Feedback

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword

Another Weekend, another tournament. Unfortunately squid kids, this is the last tournament we could have together before I go back to college. Frankly that doesn't mean much to you guys though because I'm still going to continue hosting them, as usual.

So, Allow me to congratulate NSTC for winning SCL 9, their second SCL victory in a row. NSTC was the top ranked team in December and is one of the top ranked teams in the game's history. They showed off their supreme skills once again, demolishing the competition and taking the number one spot

Coming up second is the well known team JFG, who, while not as succesful as NSTC still packed quite a punch in their tournament games, only barely losing out by one game in the finals.

Coming up Bronze, a well known team who was unfortunately knocked out in the semis, this team regained some glory by taking the Bronze match and nabbing the coveted third place position. After 4 harsh games against another strong contender, All Stars Squids 1, Koopa Clan managed to nab the bronze trophy.

Full results in the spoiler
Supreme Champion: Name Subject To Change

Worthy Adversary: JFG

Maybe Next Time: Koopa Clan 1

4th place: All Stars Squads 1

5th place tie:
Paradise
Exultance Gaming
Retro Squids (Team Nintendome)
Dank Determination: Honorable mentions to them. as a newly put together team they did incredibly well!

9th place tie:
Cyberbullies
CoolDown
Los Falcon Punch
Crème Fresh
CQC Squids
#FUTAGANG Splatoon
Squids Next Door
CoolDown 2

17th place tie: New Order
Team Infinity Splatoon
N2STC
SpeedRunsLive (SRL)
Part Time Warriors
Alias
Wabi Sabi (ως)
in The ink
Fresh of Squids
the visionaries
SquidKids
Killer Wails
Alliance Rainbow Fire
Super Thirsty Dads
SquidKids_Deco
CQC Kids

33rd place tie: Fresh Squids 1
Fresh Squids 2
Panda Global Warming
Squids Next Door 2
Hokusai Squad
INK BANDITS
Free The Inklings
Hydra Heights
Nocturnal Squids
S3

As always this is also a feedback thread. Let me know your thoughts about the tournament, what could be changed or improved, and what you really liked about it, so that we can make the first double digit SCL the best one yet.

Signups for SCL 10 will go up probably on monday. Maybe earlier tonight if the post tournament staff discussions go by faster than we'd expect. Note: it and future ones may be held one hour earlier than they have been. Other than that expect no major changes.

Last edited:

Dawn Wall

so many dynamos || soɯɐuʎp ʎuɐɯ os
NNID
246_Tritone
while i had a very fun time in today's tour, i do have a very minor qualm with today's mode assignments. in today's tour, rounds 2, 3, and 4 had 1 mode repeat itself within the first three games of each round. in r2, rainmaker was repeated in games 1 and 3; in r3, splat zones was repeated in games 1 and 3; in r4, tower control was repeated in games 2 and 3. my only suggestion would be to have all 3 ranked modes (splat zones, tower control, rainmaker) visited before revisiting one of them. other than this minor issue, everything went very smoothly. big ups to the scl team for running these bi-weekly tours :]

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
while i had a very fun time in today's tour, i do have a very minor qualm with today's mode assignments. in today's tour, rounds 2, 3, and 4 had 1 mode repeat itself within the first three games of each round. in r2, rainmaker was repeated in games 1 and 3; in r3, splat zones was repeated in games 1 and 3; in r4, tower control was repeated in games 2 and 3. my only suggestion would be to have all 3 ranked modes (splat zones, tower control, rainmaker) visited before revisiting one of them. other than this minor issue, everything went very smoothly. big ups to the scl team for running these bi-weekly tours :]
I tried to do it mostly randomly without letting anything ridiculous happen (like 4 SZ in one round or something). But next time I make maps I guess I'll just try and do that for most rounds.

Also I forgot to name 3rd place in the OP. derp. fixed. 3rd place was the outstanding Koopa Clan

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
I took this week off and let @Fightersword deal with everything himself, including Maps and Seeding, which previously I have always done (blame him if you had any problems with it :P). I'd like to thank fightersword for taking all of the responsibility this time and allowing me to have the day off. He didn't even have the help of any of our sub-TOs. And by all accounts the tournament ran really well.

Anyway, after I got back from what I was doing, I was able to watch the tournament from a pure spectator's perspective, without having to worry about keeping things running smoothly, and it was a great experience. It was thrilling watching lower-seeded teams like Dank Determination kicking *** and taking names. And thank you to @Flying_Tortoise and @BestTeaMaker for running commentary streams, and @Chhipz for providing another voice for commentary. The production value seems to increase more and more every tournament.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I took this week off and let @Fightersword deal with everything himself, including Maps and Seeding, which previously I have always done (blame him if you had any problems with it :p). I'd like to thank fightersword for taking all of the responsibility this time and allowing me to have the day off. He didn't even have the help of any of our sub-TOs. And by all accounts the tournament ran really well.

Anyway, after I got back from what I was doing, I was able to watch the tournament from a pure spectator's perspective, without having to worry about keeping things running smoothly, and it was a great experience. It was thrilling watching lower-seeded teams like Dank Determination kicking *** and taking names. And thank you to @Flying_Tortoise and @BestTeaMaker for running commentary streams, and @Chhipz for providing another voice for commentary. The production value seems to increase more and more every tournament.
>Coming back while it was still on
>Not helping out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom