• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

SCL Holiday Special: Grandma got Run Over by a Roller - Results and Feedback

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
But we don't feel that we can run double elimination and keep the tournament at an acceptable amount of time, especially with the amount of teams that are now in it. In the past, we ran a double elimination tournament with only 16 teams, and it still went incredibly over time.
game not dead enough for double elim confirmed.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Hi there, captain of the now famous "laggy team".

First of all, I'd like to say the new video doesn't show much lags either; only 2 or 3 kills were really bad. But for others "small" lags, well, I didn't have these on the tournament, but I can have them from time to time in random pro matches. I can't see why you wouldn't have the same lags against japanese players in random pro or squad battles.

Second, when I asked "who is lagging", I was answered "honestly everyone". It seems only Zeke was a real problem for you, as there is not much on me for instance. Weirdly enough, he was the nearest player of east cost in distance I believe.

Moreover, I'd like to say that a constant 1000 ms guy would be teleporting everywhere, especially vertically.

Last, I'd like you to remember that lags work in both ways, some of my members (Zeke included) had lags too, and this doesn't mean they're used to them usually, or that they're gaining any advantage out of it.

Anyway, I don't know for my team but this kind of salt feelings towards us doesn't make me want to play again in such an event, even though I was quite happy to have one at first and enjoyed the games.

Of course we should distinguish real big lags from normal ones; if normal ones are too much, maybe the tournament should be american-only or something like that. If it's only the big ones, then fair enough. But this video is not showing "5 guys constantly at the level of 200-1500ms". My ping to East Cost was evaluated at 100ms during the tournament with organisators btw.

I'm not on the team that held up the tournament, but if you could share the video they gave you, I'd be interested to see how their experiences compared to ours.
@Jeane JWE: Were you part of our first opponents then? There was a really laggy carbon roller on that team. The lag with Nevi shown in the video is nothing compared to his. Even if we didn't complain about it.

Anyway, I'd like to say good work to the organisators. It's not easy to make such an event and they're already trying to make it even better. Even if I'm not sure about playing one again, community should be glad to have these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom