Scope Charger Drift

One FM

Inkster Jr.
I notice the scope chargers now have a small drift/swing to them when aiming. I'm guessing this is a nerf after Splatoon 1. Is the best way to move forward, just adjust motion sensitivity, and just get used to it? I play on a 60" TV, and it's pretty dramatic. I feel like I'm swinging a rope at the enemies.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I think that may just be a problem with your controller or setup. I don't think anyone else has had that problem.

the

Inkling Commander
I remember some people complaining about drift with the motion controls for a little while after the game came out, especially when using detached joycons. You should definitely look into the cause, because I’m not totally sure that’s what it is, but I don’t think it’s a feature/nerf of scoped chargers

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I had the very same drift problem (not only with Chargers, but also with Splatlings) before switching to a Pro Controller. I think that's the gyro of the Joycons acting up. I haven't heard of a working fix yet. One of the Switch' software updates supposedly improved Joycon performance for Splatoon 2 for a few people but I guess it didn't work for everyone.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Does the same occur if you put the gyros down on a table? Because it's honestly not that easy to keep your hands still 100% while playing the game. Especially with a zoomed-in view where the effect might appear larger.

Reactions: the

One FM

Inkster Jr.
I'm using he pro-controller, and in the test area, when I zoom my scope and do short fast movements, there is a definite drift/bounce to it. Negative motion controls help, but it's still there no matter what setting. I am having to believe it may be something to do with playing on a large TV. Either way, it's making my game play more difficult with it, than Splatoon 1.

Btw, this is only with movements. I can shoot straight all day long, but when I cut to one side or the other, is when the effect takes place.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Personally, I feel a bit of drift with all chargers when I keep a steady aim on anything. Same occurs with all the splatlings as well, but it's far more noticeable with chargers due to the laser.

Joycons, handheld, and pro controller the experience seems to be the same--so maybe it's a programming matter?

One FM

Inkster Jr.
check the video link, if you will. You can see there’s two center circles in the target, and they don’t stay aligned. It’s like a drag. Makes the shot feel like swing when you’re trying to snap.

One FM

Inkster Jr.
I think that may just be a problem with your controller or setup. I don't think anyone else has had that problem.
I've done some research, and the motion controls can decalibrate, and have a "rubber band' effect. Calibrating seems to help, but I think the problem is exacerbated on larger screen sizes.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
After watching that clip a few times... I have no idea of how to address or explain it. lol

What size screen are you using? Have you tested this whole undocked too (maybe I missed you mentioning that)?

One FM

Inkster Jr.
I'm on a 60" screen, and after much deliberation, I've come to the conclusion that the screen size is a factor in that "rubber band" effect, but calibrating regularly helps. Still, overall, the Splatterscope is more difficult to use than in Splatoon 1 IMO.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
This happens to all weapons if you're aiming closely against a wall or object.

the

Inkling Commander
This happens to all weapons if you're aiming closely against a wall or object.
I thought this is what it was too at first, since it wasn’t happening much at range, but the double-reticle seems to behave differently than with other weapons. In theory, since you’re staring right through the scope, shouldn’t you not be able to see the second reticle? But in this case it seems to lag slightly behind the “real” reticle. It might happen this way with all weapons, but it seems more intrusive in this case

I’m stumped by its behavior even if it’s the same type of double-reticle as other weapons

MasterYoshidino

Inkster Jr.
NNID
masteryoshidino
Switch Friend Code
SW-4197-0965-9397
This is typical scope shake from you having a beating heart IRL. Higher sensitivity settings exacerbates it. Either accept that your view will always be shaky or reduce settings and deal with a slower turn speed. (oh and edit) If you are wondering about your aim reticle sometimes not matching where you are actually aiming you need to remember that you are aiming in 3rd person. That means that certain angles will look off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom