Scope VS No Scope

In general, do you prefer a scope over no scope?

• I prefer the scope

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • I prefer no scope

Votes: 19 44.2%

• Total voters

Megajack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
smp1998
So now that we have two different weapons with scope variants (three if you count the Kelp Splatterscope), I want to see what everyone thinks of them.

In general, do you prefer having a scope? Or does the narrow view turn you off? Any other reasons you don't use the scope aside from the diminished view?

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
No scope because aside the tunnel vision, I find it harder to move my aim while looking in the scope, so I can't catch people when they run away.
I use the Hero Splat Charger and do very well with that and don't see myself going to a scope anytime soon.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I prefer the scope for the extra range, there have been times where I think no scope would help, but overall I like having the scope versions.

SuperLuigi9624

Inkling
NNID
JonnieNNID
When Splatoon is so fast and forgiving for what you do, like, sometimes things look really impressive when they're just reflex, I think that the scope is a little gimmicky and unneeded, heck, even chargers in general. I've seen very few people who can properly use a charger. They need to have godlike prediction and flicks, something... difficult with a scope because you can't see 2 feet in front of you when you're aiming at the ground to flick.

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
I prefer the scope, just because it feels a lot more natural to me than without the scope, but this is purely personal preference. Statistically, scope's are slightly better, but only by an amount that really helps against other charger's of the same type. I actually don't find the tunnel vision to be all that much of a hindrance, generally I'd be dead in the same situations regardless of whether or not I could see more. (I've played a few dozen matches with scopes, and I can say the number of times tunnel vision caused my death can be counted on one hand.)

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
Scoped e-liter in my mind is the only charger with good justification for having one, but sight lines that let you shoot that far are still few and far between.

Cottoneyes

Inkling
Splatoon is the type of game where I really don't need the scope. Without chargers being like a traditional sniper rifle I find it to be in the way at the most since I feel like having good coverage of the area you're in is of more value than trying to get a few kills off with some of the shorter ranged chargers (I normally use the standard charger.)

Also the tunnel vision for it kills me since I'm always moving.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I like the standard charger but the scope is more accurate imo. You cant play it like normal and always keep it fully charged, you need to have a target already to go.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
^ Yes

Scope gives you extra range and lets you avoid the reticle ledge glitch, as well as making it easier to aim. You should be predicting where enemies will go anyway so the reduced FOV isn't really that big of a deal. Holding a charged shot usually isn't a good idea either.

Taiga Kagami

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bowser66
I prefer to charge it up and look for enemies while facing away so they don't see me pointing it at them and then quickly aiming and shooting before they can react, but you can't really do that using a scope, also I prefer to move around and shoot rather than stay in one spot and i find it harder with the scope as well >.<

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
I like the Scope on the E-Liter, but didn't really like it on any of the other Chargers.

I feel like this is because the E-Liter is about outranging opponents and the Scope gives you an extra boost to already impressive range. Other Chargers still focus on a range advantage but not enough to warrant the loss of situational awareness.

But since unlocking the E-Liter, I'm loath to use other Chargers so I'm always using a scope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom