• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Screenless Control

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
YES, I have returned from the inky depths after many months on hiatus! I heard the rumors of a Splatoon 2 were finally confirmed and that we even had some videos and screenshots to work with, so I thought I would chime in.

So far there's bee a lot of hype surrounding new dual-wielded weapons with rolling abilities, a jetpack special, even chargers retaining their charge at the cost of glowing (I'm 100% certain this is going to cause me unnecessary salt in the future), but beyond all this what intrigues me the most is the integration of touch screen controls onto buttons; we'll be able to super jump and check the map without having to shift our eyes down to our gamepads.

To clarify, does this mean we'll be able to play Splatoon 2 using the smaller, screenless controller layout AND have gyro controls still? This, above all else would be a huge selling point to me, as in the past I've had tremendous difficulty using the gamepad screen to play effectively. And, on perhaps a more unsavoury note, it would put a less... "delicate" device in my hands while playing. Truth be told I succumb to Shooter Rage more than I care to admit.

All in all I'm excited to experience a lot of these new features, especially with the removal of abilities from gear. My inner fashionista begs to be let free!

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
From what I've heard from Demo videos and the sort, the Pro Controller does have a gyro, which allows motion controls. The only downside is going to be that since the map pull up button is X, which used to be the jump button, muscle memory from old players might make things difficult the first few times playing. Other than that I think the new controls will function well personally.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
From what I've heard from Demo videos and the sort, the Pro Controller does have a gyro, which allows motion controls. The only downside is going to be that since the map pull up button is X, which used to be the jump button, muscle memory from old players might make things difficult the first few times playing. Other than that I think the new controls will function well personally.
Remember that the right stick is in a different spot on the controllers now, so B being for jump makes more sense than X would

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom