Seasonal Events?

gameonion

Full Squid
NNID
gameonion
So Nintendo confirmed the Splatfests already, they even change the looks of the stages in game, take a look:

So... the question is:

Will the Splatfests be the only events? How about seasonal events like Inkmas or Inkstern?
For Inkmas, they could add fancy lights for every map.
For Inkstern, they could hide eastereggs everywhere and make a hunt out of it or something.

Would you like something like this?

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I mean.. I would like something like seasonal events. I would add more content or variety to the game. Plus it gives us something more to look forward to other than Splatfest.

But I highly doubt they would do such a thing.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
The possibility of season exclusive gear makes my heart pound.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Seasonal events would be a lot of fun and something to which to look forward. Such events are fun in MMORPGs, but they can be a little overdone, tending to drag along and get boring. That might not be as much of an issue in a fast-paced shooter as compared to a role-playing game where there tends to be a lot of downtime.

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
Yeah that could be totally cool
Also having autumn stuff that you can only buy at autumn (it doesn't have to be autumn) could be really awesome
IDK having like animal crossing seasonal stuff could be really awesome in my opinion I would love to see that

gameonion

Full Squid
NNID
gameonion
I personally would love to see a Christmas-type event, where all ink is gone and you instead shoot Snowballs. X)

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
I personally would love to see a Christmas-type event, where all ink is gone and you instead shoot Snowballs. X)
Colored snowballssss
Though thats a lot of work for developers I really don't thnk that's possible

noahk777

Senior Squid
NNID
noahgk
I don't think Christmas stuff because its Christian and the game is being released worldwide. Same for any other religious thing. But maybe winter clothes in winter, ect, could be cool. And possibly a New Years thing, since that is almost worldwide. (China being the only place not doing our New Year.)

gameonion

Full Squid
NNID
gameonion
I don't think Christmas stuff because its Christian and the game is being released worldwide. Same for any other religious thing. But maybe winter clothes in winter, ect, could be cool. And possibly a New Years thing, since that is almost worldwide. (China being the only place not doing our New Year.)
Splatoon and Animal Crossing are made by the same people.

• AC has Eastern.
  • AC has "Toy Day" aka Christmas.
  • AC has a New Year's Day.
Any other questions? :P

noahk777

Senior Squid
NNID
noahgk
Splatoon and Animal Crossing are made by the same people.

• AC has Eastern.
  • AC has "Toy Day" aka Christmas.
  • AC has a New Year's Day.
Any other questions? :p
Yes, but because Animal Crossing is a slow and peaceful game, its able to have more than one of these events happening at once, so it can cater to all major religions. Splatoon can only really have one event at a time.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
I'd love a Fourth of July mod that puts the maps against dark skies with fireworks going off. Way more bombastic than the lights in that screenshot.

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
No no
I'm Jewish and I live in Israel we're used to having christian holidays features and we enjoy it too
I would be happier with christian holidays features than Jewish holidays fatures
Seriously, our holidays suck!

noahk777

Senior Squid
NNID
noahgk
No no
I'm Jewish and I live in Israel we're used to having christian holidays features and we enjoy it too
I would be happier with christian holidays features than Jewish holidays fatures
Seriously, our holidays suck!
Yes, but there are many religious to be catered too, and since there are so many religious holidays at Winter, it would be hard. Though I do think we could possibly get gear, since they can add that for each holiday and not have to have it collide with another holiday.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
I'm all for changing seasons in maps.

Shady

Inkling
I'd imagine that certain holiday events would be region-exclusive, like how it is in Animal Crossing.

But the idea of overall seasons and seasonal events sounds really fun! I'd imagine they'd be more of holiday-theme SplatFests more than anything.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I'd love for there to be seasonal stuff like in Animal Crossing, it would be great. :)

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
The festive winter equinox and spring solstice stuff they put in games for seasonal events around December and March have nothing to do with major contemporary religions. It's based on the old yuletide and springtime celebrations in pagan Europe which predated the religions we are familiar with now. The old traditions have just been adopted and carried on in society.

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
I'd be so hyped for maps decked out with pumpkins and ghosts and stuff for an Inky Halloween. Please. This is all I want.

AND Halloween costumes for Inklings!!!???!?!?!?! :scared:

Please. Squid-God. Please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom