• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Secondary Attacks?

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
The dodge roll on the new dual smg weapon looks to be a secondary attack option that consumes around 1/8th ink tank. This is in addition to the suction bomb sub weapon and jetpack special shown in the same clip.
Also in the trailer is shown that rollers will have a vertical fling which presumably will be a secondary attack as well.
Looks like Chargers can hold a charge in squid form, perhaps related to the secondary attack function?

What other secondary attacks will other weapon types get? Shooters, Sloshers, and splatlings weren't shown off with any secondary attacks in the trailer that I'm aware of but what would you want from them?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I love this idea, additional actions only add more depth and variance between weapon types! Splatlings secondary could be the same as Chargers, but I'd prefer something different. For Sloshers and Shooters, I have no idea!

EDIT: Actually I have an idea for Sloshers, basically being the reverse of Roller's secondary, so instead of your slosh being a straight line it's wider but with less range.

Last edited:

Squididly

Full Squid
NNID
Squididly
EDIT: Actually I have an idea for Sloshers, basically being the reverse of Roller's secondary, so instead of your slosh being a straight line it's wider but with less range.
What if it was like, a cool spin attack that sprayed ink around you? Like a sprinkler, but suddenly. It'd look pretty cool with a slosher~

Jellyfishn

Inkling
NNID
Jellyfishn
Also in the trailer is shown that rollers will have a vertical fling which presumably will be a secondary attack as well.
It was confirmed that the vertical fling is done by flinging when you are in the air, so it isn't a secondary attack, depending on how you look at it.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
^Still a new additional action. Hopefully the treehouse will provide clarity.

What if it was like, a cool spin attack that sprayed ink around you? Like a sprinkler, but suddenly. It'd look pretty cool with a slosher~
I'd be down with that, but I bet we'll be completely off the mark from the actual effect. :L

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Rollers attacking that way makes more sense according to actual roller's hitbox. Sides don't do much damage, only the center, so attacking in vertical seems ok.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
The roller has 2 forms of attack when it comes to flinging.
According to the nintendo treehouse, if you swing while grounded, it'll be the classic wide spread. If you swing while in the air, it'll be vertical.
Chargers are now able to save their charge too (i don't know how i feel about this tbh). But they will be visible in the ink while they have a charge saved up.

I think a better name for this should be secondary ability, since they're not exactly attacks in the traditional sense.

Joasa

Depressed Squid
The roller has 2 forms of attack when it comes to flinging.
According to the nintendo treehouse, if you swing while grounded, it'll be the classic wide spread. If you swing while in the air, it'll be vertical.
I'm wondering how this will play into battle. Most roller, such as myself, will always jump when delivering a swing. I'm curious how good the range and damage are with the new swing attack, and when preforming a grounded swing, will we be able to splat enemies at mid-range with the edges of our attacks and not just the center? I'm hoping for a way for rollers to not suffer so much when combating high-speed shooters and snipers.

SaltyCal

Full Squid
NNID
Jimbo21
Switch Friend Code
SW-2497-8552-1603
So the roller vertical line attack is done by attacking while jumping, and the ink roll is done by jumping while launching an attack. Got it.

It'd look even cooler with an inkbrush. :cool:

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
I love the way they are making this game so much more dynamic. Now not only do we have more gear/weapon options, they're adding a whole slew of new abilities. Nintendo you have earned my praise yet again.

Anyways, as a Slosher main I would love to see another ability. Heck, maybe we would be able to toss the bucket at people and have it bounce back like a boomerang, spreading ink all the while. Either I would want it to do a load of damage or have it stun the opponent. Something like that would be so much fun to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom