• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Seeker Rush: A New Special Weapon! Predictions, Thoughts, and Analysis

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
It has been announced that the Carbon Roller Deco (which, in main stats, will be no different from the normal Carbon Roller) will have a partially new special, the Seeker Rush! Of course, this is only a partially new special because it is another form of the Bomb Rush, which previously only came in the Forms of Splat Bomb Rush, Burst Bomb Rush, and Suction Bomb Rush. However, with it having the Seekers innstead of the other bombs (especially since the Seekers are much more ground-based than the others), this form will likely work much differently than the others. Now anyone can actually test it if one wants to, since it is actually in the game, exclusive to the Single Player mode! One simply needs to switch to the Seekers upon awuiring the Bomb Rush. Preferably one should test it on the Octoling or Octostriker (miniboss) levels, since all but one of the Octostriker levels (Level 9) take place on multiplayer levels. Based on your experience with this special in Single Player and your knowledge of the Carbon Roller, what do you think of this special, how will it work in multiplayer and affect the battle, and how do you think it will work on the Carbon Roller Deco? Leave your thoughts below!

TenZa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TenZaBlade
I'm a Carbon Roller main (seriously the weapon is actually just really good) and I was thinking to myself that it would be even better with Seeker over Burst Bomb because it would address several issues:
  • Killing from afar. Obviously being a Roller it specializes in up-close combat. The problem with the Carbon in particular is that unlike Dynamo and the traditional, its long-range fling damage sucks, so the best way to use it is to be a Squidssassin and get in close to one-shot them with a direct swing. This lets you potentially kill far-off enemies
  • Getting in close. When I first picked up the Carbon Roller I found this kind of difficult, and then I learned how to play stealthily and became really good with it. Seeker will only make getting in close even easier because you can just swim in its trail
  • Trapping. You die with Carbon Roller when you're seen. The best way to play it is to patiently maneuver close or wait for someone to walk by (which is why I feel like Carbon is a better Inkbrush but that's another story). With Seekers, enemies are forced to run just run away until it hits a wall so all you need to do is follow their movements and approach along with the seeker and you can get them right where you want them for that 1-hit splat.
And in general I see Seeker rush just being the nuts in Zones due to there being too many for the opponent to dodge and applying a lot of pressure to back up/get up a wall/move far away which just makes it that much easier for you to get in close and pick them off one by one.

I can't wait for this *v*

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I'm a Carbon Roller main (seriously the weapon is actually just really good) and I was thinking to myself that it would be even better with Seeker over Burst Bomb because it would address several issues:
  • Killing from afar. Obviously being a Roller it specializes in up-close combat. The problem with the Carbon in particular is that unlike Dynamo and the traditional, its long-range fling damage sucks, so the best way to use it is to be a Squidssassin and get in close to one-shot them with a direct swing. This lets you potentially kill far-off enemies
  • Getting in close. When I first picked up the Carbon Roller I found this kind of difficult, and then I learned how to play stealthily and became really good with it. Seeker will only make getting in close even easier because you can just swim in its trail
  • Trapping. You die with Carbon Roller when you're seen. The best way to play it is to patiently maneuver close or wait for someone to walk by (which is why I feel like Carbon is a better Inkbrush but that's another story). With Seekers, enemies are forced to run just run away until it hits a wall so all you need to do is follow their movements and approach along with the seeker and you can get them right where you want them for that 1-hit splat.
And in general I see Seeker rush just being the nuts in Zones due to there being too many for the opponent to dodge and applying a lot of pressure to back up/get up a wall/move far away which just makes it that much easier for you to get in close and pick them off one by one.

I can't wait for this *v*
I do agree with all of this, as I am a Carbon Roller main too (however, I will main it along with the ELiter-3K and have the Rapid Blaster Deco is my secondary, once I unlock them). However, I'm debating whether or not to use the normal or the Deco, since I think having Burst Bombs on both mains may be repetitive. It all depends on how Seeker Rush shapes up, and if it fits my playstyle, I'll switch to the Deco. And I do agree that it may compete with the Inkstrike as the most influential special in Splat Zones, since I tried it out in the Single Player mode on the Octoling level on Bluefin Depot, right where the zone is, and it covered so much of the area and killed both Octolings. Although, it wouldn't work so well for all maps in Splat Zones, such as Kelp Dome, where I can't see it having much affect.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
It's gunna be insane for covering turf in port mack..
Oh definitely. It'll be great for Splat Zones on Port Mackerel too, now that I think about it, to be able to pressure all the corridors so the other team can't get to one of the zones. Of course, the team will need to have ink lain down across all the turf in front of the corridors for this to work.

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
I don't get the hype. Isn't seeker rush basically a ****ty inkzooka?

TenZa

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TenZaBlade
Honestly I've never felt like Inkzooka is all that great though because of lack of mobility and gaps in its firing. I've found while playing Carbon Roller (with a few exceptions) that I don't start dying until I use my special because the lack of mobility and narrow AoE lets people just run up on me between shots or flank me super easy where they'd have been rekt had I still been in Roller form. With Seeker Rush, (although I haven't tested it) I'm pretty sure that you can have like a fan of them that pretty much keeps everyone in front of you at bay with little to no gaps to run up on you head on

Marilink

Inkling
NNID
altarofl
^You're right about the "fan" of Seeker Rush being the strength over the Inkzooka. Nevertheless, I wouldn't sleep on the Inkzooka too much. Its range is nothing to be trifled with, and it's multi-splat potential is pretty fantastic. Also the fact that you can be in a fire fight and then instantly break out the Inkzooka is an advantage; there's no start-up time like the Killer Wail or other OHKO specials.

Seeker Rush is going to be awesome, though. The new Carbon roller is going to be very scary with this ability, I'm actually a little frightened.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
^You're right about the "fan" of Seeker Rush being the strength over the Inkzooka. Nevertheless, I wouldn't sleep on the Inkzooka too much. Its range is nothing to be trifled with, and it's multi-splat potential is pretty fantastic. Also the fact that you can be in a fire fight and then instantly break out the Inkzooka is an advantage; there's no start-up time like the Killer Wail or other OHKO specials.

Seeker Rush is going to be awesome, though. The new Carbon roller is going to be very scary with this ability, I'm actually a little frightened.
I think it can be easily countered from a sniper on high ground though. It depends on the map, of course, but if I switch to this weapon, I will always keep a glance skyward.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
I just want to say, the trapping concept is not necessarily a thing. You can jump over seekers, but against the rush, they may have to run away...

In my opinion, you would wanna use this over the reg version, for places with a lot of open room; Dome comes to mind. For places like Rig, you would be better off which the zooka, for obvious reasons.

No. These things give some chase, force reactions and spread a lot of ink. Just think about 10 seekers, zooming in on the SZ, for just a moment; deadly.

Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yayforall
I think it will be SUPER useful for penetrating the enemy base, since it creates a path that you can squid through. Go watch a splatoon speed run to see what I mean.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
Seekers are so trolly to begin with and I, for one, love them. I can't wait to see the kind of mayhem that multi seeker bombardments will bring to my games. Walleye Warehouse will be ridic!

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
seekers are great when you take an oponent by surprise but otherwise they can just jump over them, terrain also affects them a lot so this special could be from devastating or mostly useless depending on the place and situation, I'm not too excited about this special the inkzooka seems a lot more versatile and I value that a lot

It might be harder to jump over seekers repeteadly thrown at you we'll need to see how fast they are thrown first

Last edited:

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
seekers are great when you take an oponent by surprise but otherwise they can just jump over them, terrain also affects them a lot so this special could be from devastating or mostly useless depending on the place and situation, I'm not too excited about this special the inkzooka seems a lot more versatile and I value that a lot

It might be harder to jump over seekers repeteadly thrown at you we'll need to see how fast they are thrown first
I'd expect it to be about the speed as the Splat Bomb Rush, maybe a little slower. Not as slow as the Suction Bomb Rush, and definitely not as fast as the Burst Bomb Rush.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
It's definitely gonna have some specific situations where it's useful, I think.

I'm hesitant about using the Deco though because when playing with the carbon roller I'm p reliant on burst bombs :x

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
It will be really nice to use one and squid till you want to make a turn and keep chaining it like that to zig zag across the map. Maps with slants that these guys can go across and flat maps will be really interesting.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
It will be really nice to use one and squid till you want to make a turn and keep chaining it like that to zig zag across the map. Maps with slants that these guys can go across and flat maps will be really interesting.
The most interesting will be Kelp Dome. It'll be kinda funny to see this person inking an area and them all of a sudden these Seekers come from over the ramp and start ambushing him/her. XDDDDD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom