• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Seeker Rush: A New Special Weapon! Predictions, Thoughts, and Analysis

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
They can if there is a little ramp at the bottom of the wall- but there are very few of those walls in the multiplayer maps.
Oh yeah, I'm dumb, heh. And true, hope there are more ramps in the newer maps.

Also, after reading through translations for the coming gatling weapons, one of them will have Seeker Rush.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Oh yeah, I'm dumb, heh. And true, hope there are more ramps in the newer maps.

Also, after reading through translations for the coming gatling weapons, one of them will have Seeker Rush.
Any of the new weapons have Burst Bomb Rush? It's still only on one weapon...but this is just curiosity.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
I'm hyped for this. The seeker is great for putting offensive pressure onto your opponent similar to sprinklers, and they are really useful out of a ledge peek to catch people from afar. They are also great for holding your opponent back on stages like Port Mackerel and Camp Triggerfish due to their long, straight sections. Having ten of them at your disposal at once will be an absolute terror for anyone on the recieving end, and if you are able to nail a few homing ones on them they are in for a nasty shock :P I'm so hyped for this!

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I'm hyped for this. The seeker is great for putting offensive pressure onto your opponent similar to sprinklers, and they are really useful out of a ledge peek to catch people from afar. They are also great for holding your opponent back on stages like Port Mackerel and Camp Triggerfish due to their long, straight sections. Having ten of them at your disposal at once will be an absolute terror for anyone on the recieving end, and if you are able to nail a few homing ones on them they are in for a nasty shock :p I'm so hyped for this!
With special duration up it will be more than ten :O

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Time to pull out this thread again, because Nintendo has just announced that the Carbon Roller Deco will be coming out tonight, complete with the only new Special Weapon we will ever get, Seeker Rush itself! It's time to actually get to use and analyze this thing in multiplayer, and see how it works!

Also, if you want to practice with this thing beforehand, remember, this can actually be used in the game currently, but only in single player. Go to any level with a Bomb Rush powerup and switch to Seekers, and then you can test it out from there. I recommend Level 20, Octoling Uprising: Battle at Bluefin Depot, which is as close to multiplayer as one can get and it has a Bomb Rush powerup right before the area where the zone is.

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
Also, if you want to practice with this thing beforehand, remember, this can actually be used in the game currently, but only in single player. Go to any level with a Bomb Rush powerup and switch to Seekers, and then you can test it out from there. I recommend Level 20, Octoling Uprising: Battle at Bluefin Depot, which is as close to multiplayer as one can get and it has a Bomb Rush powerup right before the area where the zone is.
Hmm didn't know about this. Looks like I know what I'm doing later.

Relados

Senior Squid
I'm hesitant about using the Deco though because when playing with the carbon roller I'm p reliant on burst bombs :x
I was thinking the exact thing: Seekers are great and cool, but the burst bombs offer such quick ranged hits. I also don't know if I can give up the mighty Inkzooka, that's always a hard choice.

Anyway, the seeker bomb rush will probably have limited use for stages like Moray Towers or Bluefin Depot, where there's not a lot of smooth area to take full advantage of the special, but I can see Kelp Dome, Walleye Warehouse, Port Mackerel and Arowana Mall getting flooded with seekers. It'll be great to have seekers with a roller, so when following the trail, you can immediately jump out and hit a nearby opponent before they have a chance to react.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I don't get the hype. Isn't seeker rush basically a ****ty inkzooka?
  • They cover more turf in each shot
  • They home in on nearby enemies, putting pressure on them.
  • They burst on contact, doing splash damage.
  • You can switch back to main weapon during the rush.
  • It costs 40 less points to charge.

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
  • They cover more turf in each shot
  • They home in on nearby enemies, putting pressure on them.
  • They burst on contact, doing splash damage.
  • You can switch back to main weapon during the rush.
  • It costs 40 less points to charge.
Yeah at worst it's gunna have niche use on some maps imo. I think it kind of trades the area denial of a normal Bomb Rush for more precise picks and needs a good team behind to really capitalize off of.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Seekers are not a viable replacement for long range options, so I unfortunately don't see the Carbon Deco being any good. That being said, Disruptors + Seeker Rush will be hilarious.

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus
Seekers are not a viable replacement for long range options, so I unfortunately don't see the Carbon Deco being any good. That being said, Disruptors + Seeker Rush will be hilarious.
^This. Taking Burst Bombs away from the Carbon means neutering its ability to deal with any height disadvantages, which is bad on... almost every map.

Seeker Rush is going to be funny on Port, at least.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
^This. Taking Burst Bombs away from the Carbon means neutering its ability to deal with any height disadvantages, which is bad on... almost every map.

Seeker Rush is going to be funny on Port, at least.
It also depends on how much more frequent a player can throw seekers during a rush. Burst Bombs can be thrown much faster, but if your opponent can still jump over every seeker, then it's pretty much worthless.

Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yayforall
I'm going to say this right now: this will be BY FAR the best anti-push weapon stages like arrowanna mall and Port mackerel, but far worse on stages like moray towers. It'll also be amazing at penetrating enemy defense.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Yeah at worst it's gunna have niche use on some maps imo. I think it kind of trades the area denial of a normal Bomb Rush for more precise picks and needs a good team behind to really capitalize off of.
On a map like Bluefin Depot, it would be killer. On maps like Moray Tower, it would be meh. The special's potential is largely map dependent.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
If you're feeling silly, you can stack 3 main and 2 sub abilities' worth of Damage Up to make the Seeker's close-range graze damage (the middle hitbox out of its three) deal lethal damage. (It normally would do 80 damage, but unlike the Rapid Blaster and Bamboozler, it's not capped at 99.9.) I seriously doubt that it's strategically sound, but it might be amusing to try out on stages with lots of walls for the seekers to explode on.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Now that I think of it, do seekers pass through other seekers, or not? If they don't, it might be a bit underwhelming seeing two swerve into each other right before another player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom