• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Seeker Rush

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I've recently picked back up my :wst_roller_compact01:, and while I used to loathe its special, I've found I'm actually doing much better with it than I used to, so I thought I'd share what changed and maybe change its status from "worst special ever" to "misunderstood". :P
The instinct with Seekers (in my experience playing with :bombrushseeker: and seeing others use it, at least) is to want to use them mostly for attacking. It makes it a pretty awful special when used like that, especially compared to the other Bomb Rushes: Rather cover a field with ink and splat or drive away enemies, your bombs all take one path towards one enemy, and they can still be jumped over. To top it off, constantly targeting enemies causes internet issues, possibly even disconnecting you. It's pretty off-putting

But I've found it's a lot better if you use it instead for what is pretty much Seekers' main purpose now: inking up a path. Sending them out side-by-side inks up a big path for you, acting a bit like a mix of a Killer Wail and an Ink Strike: Covers a section in ink, but in a certain direction this time. Like those two specials, it's not great for getting splats (though sometimes Seekers will leave the charge and splat someone nearby), but it's good for map control, and it lets your teammates swim forward with a wall of Seekers for protection.

Splat Zones, obviously, has a good opportunity for this. It's not great on every map, but Piranha Pit, Walleye Warehouse, Urchin Underpass, and Flounder Heights have zones where you can ink it up and launch a wave towards enemy territory. Camp Triggerfish's zones aren't easily painted by this, but you can keep them at bay at their spawn while standing right next to the zone, and Mahi Mahi Resort's big area around the zone can be good to ink up.
Kelp Dome's narrow path before the goal can also be forced through for RM and TC, which is where pushes are usually stopped.
Museum D'alfonsino is also surprisingly kind to this special: The sloped ground at the bottom can carry Seekers to the other end and surprise them with a rush, and targeting enemies on the other side can get a Seeker to go around the center platform, inking up even more of the zone.

This can also be really excellent for a final push in ranked matches. Mahi Mahi, Arowana, Blackbelly TC, Ancho-V RM (and Ancho-V TC to a lesser extent), D'alfonsino, all have slopes leading up to the goal where this can be really useful. Moray is sort of good for this, too, but between the ability to jump down to lower platforms and the narrow paths, it's not great.

(Port Mackerel, ironically, isn't great for this in any modes, since it's so narrow. But, hey, it's Port Mackerel with Seekers; it'll still work)

It's not the greatest special (and, boy, being on only one weapon does not help it), but it can actually function as a special and not just "Do-Over Because I Missed With My Last Seeker". I've actually been able to manage a couple KOs with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom