Seeking Casual Squads to make “The Grind” less tedious.

gameman250

Inkling
THE RELEVANT INFORMATION FIRST:
  • NNID: gameman250
  • Mii Name: El Samo
  • Weapon of Choice: Kelp Splatterscope
  • No, I'm not on Skype or Discord. Not even big on voice chat to begin with. Uhhh... you could probably message me on Steam or Twitter if need be (same username as this one).
  • Generally available between 8 PM EST and 12 Midnight EST. Can potentially play earlier if I'm not busy.

THE LONG WINDED POST:

I would very much like to be able to play Ranked Battles more often, but I want to do so without having to risk losing points and go down in rank. Since S / S+ Rank players can avoid this in squads I worked hard to get up to S Rank. But opportunities for squads don't come to me very often. The place I used to rely on for squads (GameFAQs) has had a bit of a drought on available teammates. So I don't play Ranked Battle all that much unless a good pair of stages and the right mode comes along.

Why do I care so much about my rank? It gets you some large XP bonuses if and when you win matches. And when trying to grind XP to unlock abilities on gear that's really helpful. Ironically most people don't take advantage of that; they'd rather use gear with the right set of abilities to ensure the most optimal performance in Ranked. Meanwhile there's Turf War. If you have large enough stages in play, use weapon sets that are efficient at covering turf, and add a dash of luck on your side you could probably clear 1500 XP at best. But there's an opportunity to get a quick 5000 XP in Ranked, which is four or five Turf War matches in one! The catch being that you have to win, or else you get peanuts or worse, nothing! That, and win bonuses devalue if you get knocked down a rank.

I would rather not risk dropping out of S Rank. I want to hold onto that for whenever I can get squads, so I can enjoy the benefits of S Rank without worry.

In order for me to absolutely not care about my rank and play Ranked Battles more freely I'll need to accomplish the following.
  1. Buy all remaining gear.
  2. Add slots to gear that don't already have three.
  3. Grind XP until all abilities are unlocked on everything.
If there's nothing left for me to grind XP on then I don't have to care about what bonuses I rake in.

So yeah, really lame situation that I have shared with you. Apart from all that grinding crap I'm looking to have some casual fun in squads.

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
So. I run a Discord channel for S and S+ (and anyone people in said group recommend) for the purpose of just having fun in squads. We use Discord mainly to quickly send IMs to everyone involved so they can quickly find other members in the group to play with. We've a variety of players from different time-zones, so I think you'd enjoy your time there. Voice chat has not been used since I opened the channel, even in the rare occasions where we went into Quads.

Interested?

gameman250

Inkling
Hmmm... I suppose I could try it out.

Downloaded Discord. Username's the same as this.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Hoi. I'd be interested in squadding with you and Shun_one. Feel free to drop me a message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom