Seems like Nintendo's plan worked...

Bonzi77

Huge Memer
NNID
Bonzi77
I'd be mostly interested to hear 1.) what kind of numbers Nintendo pulled for the global testfire and 2.) the amount of presales they got either during or immediately after the different sessions. I doubt we'll ever get to see those numbers, but I'd be willing to bet that if they were good then we'll be seeing some interesting things from Nintendo in the run-up to the game's release. (More testfires? ninty plz)

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I am both happy it sold well and extremely offended it is higher selling than Smash. :P

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Number 6 here in the UK (or I guess number 3 if you don't count duplicates):

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
Not everyone was satisfied with the game, though. Some are still crying about voice chat, others refuse to buy the game for $60, some others don't like the obligatory use of Gamepad, etc. I personally love the game, but as everything, Splatoon can't please everyone.
No game is 100% for everyone. Best thing is the Demo helped people who were on the fence about game. I even saw a lot of people who didn't even care about game now trying to get it day one now

RedML51

Senior Squid
NNID
RedML51
^Blops higher than Splatoon? For shame! =p

Ever since all the Testfire hype, I'm more optimistic than ever about Splatoon's success. But, being #1 in "Wii U Games" doesn't seem very impressive, actually. =P That it's #6 in all video games (in the UK at least) is probably more impressive.

Gunster25

Pro Squid
^Blops higher than Splatoon? For shame! =p

Ever since all the Testfire hype, I'm more optimistic than ever about Splatoon's success. But, being #1 in "Wii U Games" doesn't seem very impressive, actually. =P That it's #6 in all video games (in the UK at least) is probably more impressive.
In the world In Video Games on Amazon Splatoon Is now 9th w/ amiibo and 13th without! That's above Minecraft, Mortal Kombat X, GTA 5 On All Consoles, The PS4 And Xbox One, All the controllers for those consoles, and finally Star Wars Battlefront 3.

That isn't even mentioning that the girl squid amiibo is 20th and many MANY more games have been beaten by Splatoon.

DingDongMcDork

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DingDong
I've always been a bit scared that the game wouldn't have a big enough playerbase at launch... And this gives me a little bit more hope!
It's not really indicative of much to be honest, but it still shows that the interest in the game is relatively high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom