Separate ranks per game mode

Wiebenjijzeg

Full Squid
NNID
Syrnis
For those caring about our precious ranks, and avoiding certain game modes to not lose your ranks, would it not be great if everyone would have separate ranks per game type?

For me, who can be salty about my rank, I consider myself the best in tower control compared to the other 2 modes (rain maker second, splatzones third). This causes me to preferably play tower control most, which is the main factor of me being S rank. (being carried has never been a factor as I have never done squad battles outside of S rank).
Incidentially, I avoid splat zones and rainmaker pretty frequent and made an alt account to play on those rule sets to avoid risking my S rank.

Here is where I thought about the idea that having seperate ranks per ranked game mode would be THE solutions to similar salty players about their ranks. Because an S player on Tower control, could as well play like an A player on Splat zones, which is very frustrating as you will pretty much suck compared to your team mates. It would make for a pleasant experience to know you are an A rank in Splat zones (and S in Tower Control), than to play as an A rank in an S match in Splatzones.

What do you guys think about this?
Would you prefer a collective rank (current way of things) or a separate rank per rule set?

Cyan

Inkling Commander
That is not going to work, the point of ranked is to play at a good level in all the modes. The best thing to do is to practice your weaker modes in squads, as avoiding them altogether just harms your ability in those modes. Splat Zones is not the best at S/S+ in solo queue, as spawn camps and wall blocks, and is a lot more enjoyable in twin squads and quads with communication software. Just practice them in squads and transfer the learned skills into solo queue.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I always avoid Rainmaker, unfortunately I'm not able to go well on this mode neither have fun even on victories. I focused on splatzones and tower, I kept recording results so now I know which stages are viable which are not (around 500 games) in each mode.

Raising rank to me is part skills + teamplay and strategy to know where you can step in.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
I feel like in a way, the modes teach players about each other. Turf War prepares players for Splat Zones, as you need to gain and keep control of mid to win; Splat Zones teach players the mechanics of Ranked battles and objective-focused play to prepare them for Tower Control; Tower Control prepares players to adjust to a rapidly moving objective in Rainmaker. A player’s experience in each mode is valuable in other modes, and it’s bound to help you win games across the board.

If anything, I feel like a separate rank system would work better with roles. A player may be S+ level at support, but not that great at all-out offense (in the ballpark of A ranks/low S rank). Alternatively, with weapons, you could have someone who’s great with Chargers but not that good with Rollers. Actually, I’d really like to see in-game stats of your performances on each map, with each weapon you’ve used, across all game modes. That’d be really interesting to look over to pinpoint your own weaknesses and work on them.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I feel like in a way, the modes teach players about each other. Turf War prepares players for Splat Zones, as you need to gain and keep control of mid to win; Splat Zones teach players the mechanics of Ranked battles and objective-focused play to prepare them for Tower Control; Tower Control prepares players to adjust to a rapidly moving objective in Rainmaker. A player’s experience in each mode is valuable in other modes, and it’s bound to help you win games across the board.

If anything, I feel like a separate rank system would work better with roles. A player may be S+ level at support, but not that great at all-out offense (in the ballpark of A ranks/low S rank). Alternatively, with weapons, you could have someone who’s great with Chargers but not that good with Rollers. Actually, I’d really like to see in-game stats of your performances on each map, with each weapon you’ve used, across all game modes. That’d be really interesting to look over to pinpoint your own weaknesses and work on them.
In game stats would be fantastic for sure, I'm addicted to dashboards and reports. Actually I use that iOS app Ikamemo for results but there isn't something as advanced as this.

Street fighter has those metrics and show after every match, that could be interesting to see as a feedback. Before the fight start you can even see if your opponent's agressive/defensive/neutral. Would be nice to check in your team, aligning expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom