• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Seriously, No Octo Armor? (Or Octolings.......)

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
This is a bit late since I completed Octo Canyon 3 days after the game released, so it's been a while. But really, we don't get replicas of any of the new Octoling gear? I want those Terminator shades....
I'm actually a little disappointed that there aren't any playable Octolings at all. The inclusion of a separate model with 100% functionality in the first game seems more and more like a stab in the back considering that they actually have an Octoling as a significant character in Splatoon 2 (I'm talking about Marina...) but we can't play as them for some reason? Sunken Scroll #2 shows that she came to Inkopolis because the "performance" (fight to the splat) between Octavio and the Squid Sisters changed "many lives"... but uh... apparently only hers was changed. I refuse to believe that she's the only one who packed up and left Octopolis (that's my headcanon). I'll be especially frustrated if hackers somehow figure out how to play as Octolings yet again, because that means Nintendo pulled the same dirty trick twice. Nobody puts a functional, playable Octoling in the game by accident. If they do it a second time, then they're literally giving the tentacle to a lot of people.

Ok, I'm done here.
This is what happens when I don't get any coffee in the morning...

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
You will be happy to know data miners found 5 pieces of octoling gear displayed as usable by players. At least it would appear to be so based on being clothing portraits. I think those will be released in a special update.

As for playable Octolings, that's a tough call to make. I think it's still very possible to have them playable in this game. If Splatoon 2 has a huge update like the first game did a few months after release, that's when we could get them. If the devs are smart, they would release them in October. ;)

Last edited:

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
You will be happy to know data miners found 5 pieces of octoling gear displayed as usable by players. I think those will be released in a special update.

As for playable Octolings, that's a tough call to make. I think it's still very possible to have them playable in this game. If Splatoon 2 has a huge update like the first game did a few months after release, that's when we could get them. If the devs are smart, they would release them in October. ;)
(sheds single tear)
Everything is splatastic again.
Thank you.

well... nearly everything.
I want my playable Octolings :l

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
(sheds single tear)
Everything is splatastic again.
Thank you.

well... nearly everything.
I want my playable Octolings :l
I remember the great datamining hype back in late-ish 2015 when we were all convinced playable octolings were happening cos of OG splatnet having octopus icons, fully functioning (except for clipping with head gear) octoling models with changing hair colors for ink, an octoling kraken model, nwplayer123 or whatever hyping us all up. good times.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I remember the great datamining hype back in late-ish 2015 when we were all convinced playable octolings were happening cos of OG splatnet having octopus icons, fully functioning (except for clipping with head gear) octoling models with changing hair colors for ink, an octoling kraken model, nwplayer123 or whatever hyping us all up. good times.
and then Nintendo dropped a bass on our heads like Octavio with an Inkzooka ;-;

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
and then Nintendo dropped a bass on our heads like Octavio with an Inkzooka ;-;
;~;
it was a pretty bad feel, not gonna lie. In the end it was probably our fault for hyping ourselves up for it in the first place, but MAN the evidence was TOTALLY THERE back then, lol.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
;~;
it was a pretty bad feel, not gonna lie. In the end it was probably our fault for hyping ourselves up for it in the first place, but MAN the evidence was TOTALLY THERE back then, lol.
They even threatened to ban anyone who played as an Octoling in online.

BooDestroyer

Full Squid
NNID
BooDestroyer
Do they have any future patches in store? Like adding Callie to Octo Canyon after you beat it?

Or is she just off doing that thing that scroll 21 says she does?

Though really, I still wish Cuttlefish were here.

Last edited:

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
Nintendo knows octolings are popular. They even replaced our beloved pop duo with one. I'm hesitant to make predictions after riding the hype train hard last time around, but I'm hopeful. I want playable octolings, even if I don't plan on using them.

And besides, if we got Octolings, we could team up with them to battle those filthy sharklings.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
And besides, if we got Octolings, we could team up with them to battle those filthy sharklings.
You mean the Salmonids! Cmon, the sunken scrolls in this game totally imply that Salmonids are overarching evil baddies. Inklings and Octarians team up to face the degenerate Salmonid menace in Splat Tim 2 Electric Googaloo!

BooDestroyer

Full Squid
NNID
BooDestroyer
I would like to hear what Cap'n Cuttlefish would have to say about the Salmonids.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Today's reveal of the Shifty Station stage, which takes place in Octo Canyon makes me hopeful for muh Octos

Plus Marina is walking evidence that Octos and Inklings can get along just fine. Not unlocking the Octoling Armor for beating the Single Player is also suspicious. Perhaps they're saving it, along with some other things, as part of that big October Update we hoped would happen two years ago, lol.

Last edited:

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Today's reveal of the Twilight Zone stage, which takes place in Octo Canyon makes me hopeful for muh Octos

Plus Marina is walking evidence that Octos and Inklings can get along just fine. Not unlocking the Octoling Armor for beating the Single Player is also suspicious. Perhaps they're saving it, along with some other things, as part of that big October Update we hoped would happen two years ago, lol.
Ok, that just looks beautiful.

Switch Friend Code
SW-5364-5629-8690

There might be a chance for the Pearl and Marina Amiibo having the Octo Armor so not all hope is lost..... DONTBELOSTDONTBELOSTDONTBELOST

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I'm going to be really frustrated if they lock the Octo Armor behind an Amiibo...
Even more so if they lock playable Octolings behind an Amiibo...

Windstar

Pro Squid
You will be happy to know data miners found 5 pieces of octoling gear displayed as usable by players. At least it would appear to be so based on being clothing portraits. I think those will be released in a special update.

OH MY GOD WHEN WAS THIS LEAKED

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom