• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Setup for Splatoon 2 Meet-Ups

Big Boss

Senior Squid
NNID
Pink_Guy_Ramen

Sorry for the crude mock up :3

This is my idea for Splatoon 2 meetups in a venue that doesn't have it's own monitors, LAN setup, etc. Using the Switches in portable mode, you have four tables each with it's own wireless router set to a different channel (whether it be in the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz band), two routers are linked together by an Ethernet going to opposing corners, the routers are kept in their own LANs to minimize traffic and confusion (such as someone joining the other pair's lobby by accident). The reason for the opposing corners are to minimize the amount that competing teams can hear each other.

Last edited:

PunctualGuy

Inkling
Hmmm, it was my understanding that Switches could communicate with each other wirelessly without an internet or LAN connection, making routers* unnecessary. The only time you'd need a router* at a local would be if you connecting the consoles together with Ethernet cables, eliminating the possiblity of wireless interference, which in that case would require a full setup with a TV and a dock (which I imagine most people in a tournament setting would prefer anyway). Unless I misunderstood something, in which case, please correct me.

*Actually, for LAN, you don't need a router, that's for connecting to the internet. What you want is a switch (not a Nintendo Switch, a network switch).

Last edited:

Big Boss

Senior Squid
NNID
Pink_Guy_Ramen
I believe the consoles can ad-hoc together without an access point, but this could be more robust than having 4 in one spot then another 4 Switches far away wirelessly, at least these have a Ethernet cable between them. It's just an idea I made up on the spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom