Shady's Splatoon "Time Trials"

Reverse

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MKCyan
I thought this would be an interesting thing to do, basically; using a timer I just speedrun each level in turn starting the timer when I press ZL to enter and stopping when I touch the zapfish. I also do full game too xd

Red = Needs Improved drastically
Yellow = Okay, can be improved.
Green = Happy.

Full Game: 1:11:27.923

World 1:

1: Octotrooper Hideout: 1:35.759
2: Lair of the Octoballs: 1:46.209
3. Rise of the Octotroopers: 1:19.567
Boss: Squish, Squash, Smash...: 1:02.019

World 2:

4: Gusher Gauntlet: 1:07.951
5: Floating Sponge Garden: 1:41.283 I can't do this xd
6: Propeller Lift Playground: 1:35.376
7: Spreader Splatfest: 1:37.612
8: Kelp Dome Confrontation: 0:32.642
9: Unidentifyed Flying Object: 1:06.468
Boss: Shooting the Sneeze...: 1:21.041

World 3:

10: Inkrail Skyscape: 1:53.940
11: Inkvisible Avenues: 2:01.000
12: Flooder Junkyard:

More to be added

Last edited:

Zonderion

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zonderion
I may have to try this. I assume this is normal challenge, meaning not the Amiibo challenges?

Squadaloo

Full Squid
NNID
RodRodney
I've been looking for someone to do something like this since I was playing through the single player again and realized how much fun blasting through at full speed was. Using your rules, here's my times. Some are technically off since I sometimes missed hitting stop/start on the first tap (I was using my iPod Touch as a stopwatch which sadly only measures tenths of a second), but they're at least close to what the time actually was.

World 1:
1: Octotrooper Hideout: 01:38.8 - I did these stages in order and I really felt I was warming up as I went along, so I'm not surprised this is slow.
2: Lair of the Octoballs: 02:03.3 - Blah, this stage isn't very fun to speed run. That part where you can fall through to get the secret scroll feels so slow when you're trying to speed run this level.
3. Rise of the Octotroopers: 01:27.7 - I actually felt I did ok on this stage: I have no idea how you went so fast!
Boss: Squish, Squash, Smash...: 1:00.6 - I actually got 1:02.0 the first time which is when I realized I had no way to see if you went faster or if I did since I had no thousandths of a second, so I just went a bit faster so it wasn't debatable!

World 2:
4: Gusher Gauntlet: 1:07.3 - I'm honestly surprised how close to your original time this ended up because there's so many spots where there can be big time gaps with the two spots where you have to splat all of the Octarians.
5: Floating Sponge Garden: 1:31.6 - I was getting even slower times than you did until I realized that Burst Bombs instantly send the Sponges to max size. There were also a few other abnormal things I did on this run but you'll have to figure that out on your own to beat me!
6: Propeller Lift Playground: 1:26.8 - This one is tricky as heck to go fast in and I'm not sure I could repeat this time if I tried.
7: Spreader Splatfest: 1:36.9 - This could have been a bit faster but I was getting hit pretty badly by the last few Octo Troopers as I tried to swim past them.
8: Octoling Invasion: 00:35.6 - There may be a way to shave like 4 seconds off of this time, but I wasn't able to make it happen, so good luck to you!
9: Unidentified Flying Object: 01:13.3 - I had a few troubles killing the mini-boss at the end and I really should have used something like burst bombs.
Boss 2: Shootin' the Sneeze...: 01:15.5 - Ok, so funny story. I had to replay this about 4 times in a row because some how, some way, I managed to accidentally pause instead of skip cutscene every single time. I actually paused during this run too, but I was too tired of the boss to start over so I just wrote it down and moved on.

Reverse

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MKCyan
Added some more times, Flooder Junkyard strats are hard :l

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom