• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Sheldon Pick Weapon Analysis

sammich

Inkling Cadet
Been maining bamboozler for months. MK III is really really good and will probably be the best Bamboo option in 85% of situations.

For one you can camp walls now, so the weapon is suddenly viable on Moray. You can reposition easily which is great. And burst bombs fill the role of Disruptor if you throw it then shoot them. Looking at a highly versatile weapon right here. Probably a Top 10 weapon.

As of right now I can't think of a map/mode where it can't perform well. As much as I loved Bamboo before I couldn't even say that. Moray, Urchin, and Ancho-V were all rough on it. Mahi SZ was also rough. But I feel MK III will handle just fine on these maps.
the question is whether you can use it on flounder heights. i haven't played it since the update, but it has been imo THE worst map for squiffers and bamboozlers up to this point (after moray's recent update).

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
the question is whether you can use it on flounder heights. i haven't played it since the update, but it has been imo THE worst map for squiffers and bamboozlers up to this point (after moray's recent update).
I've only ever had an issue on Flounder SZ. TC and RM are fine. in competitive at least like 90% of snipers HATE Flounder and I always try to abuse that by singling them out. I actually felt like TC Flounder is one of the better TC maps for Bamboozler, just about knowing where to stand in certain situations.

Haven't had a change to test the new one on Flounder SZ, yet, but I feel like it'll be much better than it was before.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
I've only ever had an issue on Flounder SZ. TC and RM are fine. in competitive at least like 90% of snipers HATE Flounder and I always try to abuse that by singling them out. I actually felt like TC Flounder is one of the better TC maps for Bamboozler, just about knowing where to stand in certain situations.

Haven't had a change to test the new one on Flounder SZ, yet, but I feel like it'll be much better than it was before.
while TC/RM aren't as bad, i still feel mostly like i'm lucky on this stage (like there COULD have been death waiting around that corner but everyone is focusing on the RM/tower which is all the way over there). even if i do well, i still feel like i could become a victim at any moment.

i feel like splat bombs + kraken along with burst bombs + ink tornado would certainly make the stage easier to maintain some solid control, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom