Sheldon Weapon Shop Minor Glitch

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
(You can move this to another area if it doesn't fit here, didn't really know where to put it.)

This is a very minor glitch I discovered on accident, but I have been unable to find it documented anywhere. I just tested it again last night, so it works in the current version of the game.
The only prerequisite is that you need to have not bought every weapon from Sheldon.

1. Go to the weapon shop and choose any weapon you already own.
  2. Choose the Test option and go to the Testing Area.
  3. Leave the Testing Area.
  4. As soon as Sheldon's shop loads back up, quickly press A.
  5. If you pressed A at the correct time, instead of the "You already own this weapon" dialogue coming up, the "Do you want to buy this weapon" dialogue will come up, despite the fact that it still shows the weapon you were using in the test area.
  6. If you choose to buy the weapon, you will buy another weapon that you have not bought instead.
I'm guessing this glitch occurs because the game doesn't have time to register the fact that you have selected a weapon that you already own, and to keep the game from crashing or anything it purchases another weapon. It's quite easy to do and seems to have no negative effects, so try it out and report what happens!

Unknowns:
  • I do not know how the game decides what weapon you buy. It is not the first or the last weapon in the list of purchasable weapons, because when I tried it I ended up buying the Nzap '85, when I know the Custom Splattershot Jr. along with a few other weapons came before it, while many other weapons came after it.
  • I didn't see how much the game deducts for buying the weapon, if it deducts the amount for the weapon you already bought, or the weapon you end up buying, though it most likely is the latter.
  • What happens when you try this glitch when you already own all the weapons?

Bazbot

Inkling
NNID
LaSantaTrinidad
It's not documented anywhere because it's not really popular to do glitches in Splatoon, you'll find LOTS of Splatoon glitches on miiverse though, miiverse is the circulation of everything related to Wii U itself.

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
(You can move this to another area if it doesn't fit here, didn't really know where to put it.)

This is a very minor glitch I discovered on accident, but I have been unable to find it documented anywhere. I just tested it again last night, so it works in the current version of the game.
The only prerequisite is that you need to have not bought every weapon from Sheldon.

1. Go to the weapon shop and choose any weapon you already own.
  2. Choose the Test option and go to the Testing Area.
  3. Leave the Testing Area.
  4. As soon as Sheldon's shop loads back up, quickly press A.
  5. If you pressed A at the correct time, instead of the "You already own this weapon" dialogue coming up, the "Do you want to buy this weapon" dialogue will come up, despite the fact that it still shows the weapon you were using in the test area.
  6. If you choose to buy the weapon, you will buy another weapon that you have not bought instead.
I'm guessing this glitch occurs because the game doesn't have time to register the fact that you have selected a weapon that you already own, and to keep the game from crashing or anything it purchases another weapon. It's quite easy to do and seems to have no negative effects, so try it out and report what happens!

Unknowns:
  • I do not know how the game decides what weapon you buy. It is not the first or the last weapon in the list of purchasable weapons, because when I tried it I ended up buying the Nzap '85, when I know the Custom Splattershot Jr. along with a few other weapons came before it, while many other weapons came after it.
  • I didn't see how much the game deducts for buying the weapon, if it deducts the amount for the weapon you already bought, or the weapon you end up buying, though it most likely is the latter.
  • What happens when you try this glitch when you already own all the weapons?
I'll make a video about this glitch and tag you in the credits

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I have all the weapons, but I would be too worried about corrupted save files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom