Sheldon's Pick theories

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Not too long ago, Splatoon released that Sheldon's picks would be coming in April and gave us a look at 3 of these tools as well

Wasabi Splattershot: :splatbomb: with:inkstrike:

Berry splattershot pro: :suctionbomb: with:bombrushsuctionbomb:

Fresh squiffer: :suctionbomb: with :kraken:

However they still have revealed the full lineup of subs, special for 2
Bambozzler
Slosher

and still have another 3 in this pack that are coming, so what do you guys think they are going to be picked, and how do you feel these new weapons will impact the Splatoon meta?

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
First off the Fresh squiffer is all I could ever hope for as a squiffer main, finally something that give more variation to the squiffer with the suction bomb and be able to stop flanks with the Kraken, I feel this tool could be a key tool to combat the excessive use of .52 and 9.6 gals and tentateks that I so often see in ranked

For weapon theories though, I have to honestly admit I would like to see some recognition for the H-3 nozzlehose this weapon just has such a slow aim and bad subs for it and really needs something like burst bombs or splash wall to make this tool effective in the game, and you know not suck for once

Plus, I'd love to see something with inkmine bomb rush, :p no one would ever want to go near that weapon with a special like that

Last edited:

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I'm pretty sure the second wave has an Inkbrush. I would love to have Burst Bombs as its sub and maybe Kraken or Inkzooka as its special.

That (or maybe other variations, I'm not too picky) would be the only way I'm coming back to the Inkbrush. Lately I've been using the Octobrush, it just seems much better. Now that I'm used to more range, it'd take a lot to get me to go back. :P

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
I've really grown into loving the Slosher Deco so I'm quite excited to see what's in store for the new (banana?) Slosher. I've been thinking about what could really improve on what the Slosher itself already does and I've come to the conclusion that the sprinkler sub would be the perfect fit given its already excellent turf coverage. Following the logic of all other pairings that the sprinkler has been with I'd love to see either the killer wail or echolocator as its special. If it ended up as sprinkler/echo the Slosher would have two sets identical to the .96 gal which would definitely be interesting.

Tl;dr new Slosher Sprinkler/(Killer Wail/Echolocator) plz

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Looking into what weapons are not so popular (as they said they might use this to boost less used weapons), I wouldn't be surprised if any of these makes the cut.

H-3 Nozzlenoze: Really hard to use well, and even then it has little advantage over other long range guns. I almost never see these.

Rapid Blaster: Despite being highly effective with enough skill and damage up, nobody seems to use them. Plus, the original Rapid Blaster has a mediocre loadout.

Hydra Splatling: It can be a great area control and pressure tool, but poor charge time and mobility make it hard to use in close quarters.

Also, I think there will either be a new Seeker/Burst Bomb rush weapon, simply because only one of each exists right now.

NeoSeth

Senior Squid
I'm pretty sure there's an Inkbrush coming; if you look at the box, there seems to be one hidden by a splat or something with only the handle visible. Burst Bombs would be the ideal sub as they would single-handedly solve ALL of the Inkbrush's problems. If not those then Splat Bombs, Suction Bombs or even Disruptors (It would need Inkzooka if it got Disruptors haha) would be decent. Just something to give it ranged options. Burst Bombs would be best though as the Inkbrush could use them to mitigate its awful TTK and become a very frightening weapon. Inkzooka would obviously be the best special for it, but since the Carbon Roller is ALSO a speedy roller with that exact loadout I don't think its likely. Killer Wail would be a unique combo that would synergize so well with the Inkbrush. You could quickly zip to somewhere in enemy territory and have very strong placement for the Wail. The Inkbrush would also charge it up SO QUICKLY. Kraken would be decent too (assuming a ranged special), but I wouldn't want it to have the same special as the Octobrush. If Burst Bombs are given to it then I suppose Burst Bomb Rush wouldn't be terrible, but it wouldn't be good either. Echolocator is probably better than that, as the Inkbrush could charge it so quickly and have it ready so often.

So, Burst Bombs + Killer Wail is what I'm hoping for, with another type of bomb + Killer Wail/Bomb Rush as my second choice. The Inkbrush is my favorite main weapon in the game but the current kits are so horrendous that I've dropped it for most modes/maps in Ranked and instead use the Octobrush Nouveau, and the CJS has gone from my supplementary weapon to handle maps the Inkbrush sucks at to my primary weapon. Please Nintendo, bring back the dream.

TheReflexWonder

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheReflexWonder
Improving favorites? An E-Liter with Sprinklers would be the dream, though the special would have to have terrible synergy to make it not completely obnoxious. Inkstrike is obligatory (see the Wasabi Splattershot, which is otherwise an incredible set), but a Bubbler would be pretty weak by virtue of how the weapon works, similar to the Custom Hydra.

A Bamboozler with Burst Bombs would likely be really scary to approach. I'd be down with that.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I would really like to see a new Dynamo with Kraken and Splat Roller with Splat Bomb Rush :D

Edit: I think (but hope not) this will be the first paid Splatoon DLC. If so, what would be a fair price?

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I'm pretty sure this isn't intended as paid, they've been showing it with all their free updates, and they were planning to be done with new content in the past, so it seems like they're trying to give the game more to play with, payable content would hinder that a bit as people might not be willing/able to play.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
I'm pretty sure there's an Inkbrush coming; if you look at the box, there seems to be one hidden by a splat or something with only the handle visible. Burst Bombs would be the ideal sub as they would single-handedly solve ALL of the Inkbrush's problems. If not those then Splat Bombs, Suction Bombs or even Disruptors (It would need Inkzooka if it got Disruptors haha) would be decent. Just something to give it ranged options. Burst Bombs would be best though as the Inkbrush could use them to mitigate its awful TTK and become a very frightening weapon. Inkzooka would obviously be the best special for it, but since the Carbon Roller is ALSO a speedy roller with that exact loadout I don't think its likely. Killer Wail would be a unique combo that would synergize so well with the Inkbrush. You could quickly zip to somewhere in enemy territory and have very strong placement for the Wail. The Inkbrush would also charge it up SO QUICKLY. Kraken would be decent too (assuming a ranged special), but I wouldn't want it to have the same special as the Octobrush. If Burst Bombs are given to it then I suppose Burst Bomb Rush wouldn't be terrible, but it wouldn't be good either. Echolocator is probably better than that, as the Inkbrush could charge it so quickly and have it ready so often.

So, Burst Bombs + Killer Wail is what I'm hoping for, with another type of bomb + Killer Wail/Bomb Rush as my second choice. The Inkbrush is my favorite main weapon in the game but the current kits are so horrendous that I've dropped it for most modes/maps in Ranked and instead use the Octobrush Nouveau, and the CJS has gone from my supplementary weapon to handle maps the Inkbrush sucks at to my primary weapon. Please Nintendo, bring back the dream.

^ This guy knows whats up. Theres an ink brush handle sticking out from behind one of the ink blotches on the box. The only real problem with the ink brush is its lackluster range; its ttk depends on how fast a person can flick. If they give it burst bombs that would literally help its close and ranged gameplay. Ideally Id be ok with burst bombs and echo but seekers and inkzooka would be fine too on the new brush. I really just hope they dont give it disruptors or even worse, point sensor.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
^ This guy knows whats up. Theres an ink brush handle sticking out from behind one of the ink blotches on the box. The only real problem with the ink brush is its lackluster range; its ttk depends on how fast a person can flick. If they give it burst bombs that would literally help its close and ranged gameplay. Ideally Id be ok with burst bombs and echo but seekers and inkzooka would be fine too on the new brush. I really just hope they dont give it disruptors or even worse, point sensor.
Disruptors are really awesome, though. They are so crippling that the Brush user could pick off anybody they hit pretty much at will. Ultimate ambush set.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
I respect disruptors tbh, but on an ink brush? i can just hear people getting upset that they cant get in range of a disrupted enemy inkling because the enemy can just shoot at the ink brush with whatever ink they still have in their tank and out range them.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
For weapon theories though, I have to honestly admit I would like to see some recognition for the H-3 nozzlehose this weapon just has such a slow aim and bad subs for it and really needs something like burst bombs or splash wall to make this tool effective in the game, and you know not suck for once
So much this! The H-3 is probably the single least used weapon in the game, even behind Rapid Blasters and Sloshing Machines from my experience. It'd be a crime for it not to get a new kit, and I say they go all out with it, I'm talking Splash Walls + Bubbler! I think that's the only way to get people to use it.

NeoSeth

Senior Squid
seekers and inkzooka would be fine too on the new brush. I really just hope they dont give it disruptors or even worse, point sensor.
I would hate to see Seekers on an Inkbrush haha. I play with the Rapid Blaster Pro a LOT, and I try and try to make Seeker useful. They're just not. If you kill someone with a Seeker, it's because they did something wrong. The one kinda cool thing they do is allow you to swim through their ink trail. Since the Inkbrush can zip along with ease, Seekers do nothing for it. Disruptors would only be okay on the Inkbrush if it also got Inkzooka imo. Disruptors don't really "solve" the range problem, but they can allow you to Disrupt people out of your range and escape. Plus with your mobility, it'd probably be very annoying. But the Inkzooka would be a necessity to make that kit "good," so that you can really pose a threat. A weaker special and it would just be another lame kit imo.

Still holding out for Burst Bombs. <3

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Actually seekers are great distractions since so many people focus on jumping over it that it can allow for an ambush, especially if used from behind a player, and on ramps were chargers hide, but in close quarters this weapon is awful

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I personally think they have a few more uses. For example, with the .52 Gal Deco (and probably the Aerospray, I just wouldn't know myself), you can send it out ahead of you quickly before shooting at someone and put them between a rock and a hard place. A good number of people seem to choose the rock and start shooting at you (which does make sense in the heat of the moment, since a squid can do a whole lot more than a Seeker), but can't dodge both the Seeker and your fire. Others might stay in their own ink and avoid the seeker, but if the area's not covered in theirs, it should be a little easier to find them.

They can also be used to just to hold people off for a bit by throwing them down a path, or to surprise people by sending them up a slope. (Arowana Mall Splatzones is a great place to do this, they can really jump up at people when they reach a zone) And they can be pretty useful for taking out people teaming up, if one of them doesn't avoid it, the other's dodging doesn't count for anything.

I feel like Seekers are hard to use well because it's so uncommon. There's one Slosher, one Roller, two Shooters, and one Blaster. (technically three Shooters, but Blasters are pretty different) If you prefer using a certain main weapon, you don't have a lot of options, and there's quite a few other kits that are much more appealing. I use the Carbon Roller Deco myself because I liked Seekers in Hero Mode, but it likely would have been better for me to just use the classic. Burst Bombs have the transportation use (plus inking walls!) and their own uses for attacks, and the Inkzooka is a special that you can actually use. I don't know how different a Tri-Slosher is from others, but it either has one alternative like the Carbon Roller or five, and there's plenty more Shooters and Blaster to choose from.

But I totally agree, since transportation with seekers is almost their main purpose, they would really suck on a Brush. The only benefit swimming after a seeker has compared to a brush is that you can recover your ink, which you usually need to do after using one. Sneaking can sometimes happen, but not really. Brushes use less ink and have more control over where they

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom