• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 SHELDONS PICKS ARE BACK CONFIRMED

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
For anyone who doesn't know there's a huge jp turf tourney called Koshien that just happened and after the event Nogami announced the return of SHELDONS PICKS for S2. We don't have any other information on what the kits will be or if EVERY weapon will have a 3rd kit but I think that should happen. Anyways we don't have a burst bomb blaster yet... BUT Nogami gotta manufacture a bunch of hammers and booyahs into the game so probably the ones people are most excited about will have trash kits anyways tho xd except we need more fizzy and torpedo weapons too and those things are BROKEN so YEAH HYPE EITHER WAY PLEASE BURST BOMB INKJET NOGAMI PLS

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
My Predictions:

Heavy Splatling Remix - Point Sensor and Baller or Ultra Stamp
Sploosh o matic 7 - Splat Bomb and Inkjet
Fresh Squiffer - Inkmine and Inkjet
Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose - Splash Wall, Baller

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
What's wrong with Booyah Bomb? Anywaaaaay...

Predictions!
Heavy Splatling Remix - Point Sensor/ Splat Bomb - Baller - Booyah Bomb
Aerospray RG - Burst Bomb - Baller
Sploosh-o-Matic 7 - Splat Bomb - Booyah Bomb
N-Zap 93' - Torpedo - Baller/ Ultra Stamp
Cherry H-3 Nozzelnose - Suction Bomb/ Fizzy Bomb - Ink Storm
Fresh Squiffer - Fizzy Bomb/ Torpedo - Burst Bomb Rush/ Ultra Stamp
Bamboozled Mk III - Torpedo/ Auto Bomb - Baller
Permanent Inkbrush - Burst Bomb - Booyah Bomb
Soda Slosher - Splash Wall - Bubbler
Grim Range Blaster - Burst Bomb - Ultra Stamp

Thoughts?

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Remix-Sensor and Booyah
PG-Fizzy and Stamp
Sploosh 7-Splat and Inkjet
93'-Torpedo and Stamp
Cherry-Wall and Booyah
Fresh Squiff-Fizzy and Storm
Bamboo lll-Torpedo and Booyah
Permabrush-Fizzy and Stamp
Soda-Splat and Inkjet
Grim-Burst and Booyah

Please, Nintendo, I know you've forgotten the Jet Squelcher exists, but it's never had a 3rd kit. Please, I just want torpedo and Inkstorm.

_Alex_

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2820-9957-0983
giving inkbrush bursts is simultaneously the best and worst idea they could think of. if it got burst armor that would be a really neat dynamic as it could be an aggressive armor weapon that is rewarded for going in as an aggro frontliner and getting kills or getting armor at the same time rather than just spamming armor. but them again I wouldnt be opposed to booyah bomb as I see that working on it to an extent. but I feel that stamp is very unlikely on it as kocto already has stamp.

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
giving inkbrush bursts is simultaneously the best and worst idea they could think of. if it got burst armor that would be a really neat dynamic as it could be an aggressive armor weapon that is rewarded for going in as an aggro frontliner and getting kills or getting armor at the same time rather than just spamming armor. but them again I wouldnt be opposed to booyah bomb as I see that working on it to an extent. but I feel that stamp is very unlikely on it as kocto already has stamp.
I Agree completely, though when you say an extent, to what extent?

Slush

Inkling
NNID
hsmazz
Switch Friend Code
SW-0765-1586-1500
I WANT A BURST BOMB SPLASHDOWN DUALIE PLZ PLZ otherwise i will make monika torture you

_Alex_

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2820-9957-0983
booyah sorta makes you still while you wait to charge it, and at times that can be counter productive to the whole weapon's shtick, which is being FAST. although while I say this, inkbrush also has the speed to quickly engage and disengage to use booyah bomb, and since it paint so much, can charge the booyah bomb very fast and help with charging teammate's special and help lock out an area for a short while. So although it may be counterproductive on paper, and would fit as much as giving it armor, I still think booyah bomb is very welcome on permabrush's kit as either special can make inkbrush a very solid supportive kit, a role that it is already pretty good at filling for.

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
booyah sorta makes you still while you wait to charge it, and at times that can be counter productive to the whole weapon's shtick, which is being FAST. although while I say this, inkbrush also has the speed to quickly engage and disengage to use booyah bomb, and since it paint so much, can charge the booyah bomb very fast and help with charging teammate's special and help lock out an area for a short while. So although it may be counterproductive on paper, and would fit as much as giving it armor, I still think booyah bomb is very welcome on permabrush's kit as either special can make inkbrush a very solid supportive kit, a role that it is already pretty good at filling for.
Ah okay, that does make sense.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
These predictions are interesting. When are people expecting these weapons to appear?

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
So I've seen a lot of people trying to predict what the kits will be, with some people giving very... odd hypotheses, so I thought I'd chime in. Buckle up, as with all of my posts, it'll be excessive.

The Splatoon devs seem to have a couple of things they consider when they build weapon kits. For starters, they've been trying to add more weapons with the Torpedo, Fizzy Bomb, Booyah Bomb, and Ultra Stamp, but they've been avoiding pairing any of those subs with any of those specials.

In general, they also seem to be avoiding giving any weapon in the same "Family" a repeat sub and special. A weapon Family is a very obscure classification that I've noticed; some examples of this include the Splattershot Jr., the Splattershot, and the Splattershot Pro being in one family. All three of those weapons and their variants appear to avoid repeating subs/specials for the most part. With 9 weapons though, they've repeated Inkstorm and Splat Bomb once each. It's a very loose observation, but it at least gives me the impression that the Heavy Remix won't have Stingray, for example.

Lastly it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to recreate the Splatoon 1 kits a little bit, with the N-Zap '83 having point sensor and Ultra Stamp for example.

Bamboozler MKIII:
(Burst Bomb + Booyah Bomb) Faithful to S1, the Booyah Bomb acts as a makeshift Inkstrike. No Charger has either of these, to boot.
(Torpedo + Autobomb Launcher) As annoying as this weapon would be, it would at least give it a use over the MKII. In Splatoon 1, the MKIII was completely overshadowed by the MKII, so I can see them trying to avoid such a situation again.

Fresh Squiffer:
(Fizzy Bomb + Inkjet/Splashdown)
(Suction Bomb + Ultra Stamp) Recreation of the S1 set; no Charger has the Stamp either.

Permanent Inkbrush:
(Toxic Mist + Booyah Bomb) Would they even do this? Who knows.
(Fizzy Bomb + Suction Bomb Launcher)

Soda Slosher:
(Curling Bomb + Booyah Bomb)
(Beakon + Ultra Stamp)
(Torpedo + Inkjet) Closer to S1 set

Aerospray PG:
(Burst Bomb + Ultra Stamp) I have no idea what Family the Aerospray would belong to, honestly; Shooters are a lot more ambiguous than other weapon classes. This would be the S1 kit. It's also an Aerospray, so I don't care enough to think that much about the potential kit.

Cherry H-3:
(Torpedo + Ink Storm)
(Sprinkler + Booyah Bomb) The H-3 has always been given good kits because the main weapon is difficult to use and people would need a decent payoff in kits to bother using it. The H-3 D is already quite good, so it's hard to determine a possible set that won't be inferior.

Grim Range Blaster:
(Burst Bomb + Stingray) The Tower Control nightmare that we all remember from S1. I figure this weapon COULD get the Stingray because the Clash/Rapid/Rapid Pro family is separate from the Luna/Blaster/Range Blaster family.

Heavy Splatling Remix:
(Torpedo + Splat Bomb Launcher) The Torpedo would let this weapon flush out people hiding in inconvenient corners that the Splatling can't hit (behind boxes). I'd say Autobomb, but the Hydra has it already.
(Beakons + Booyah Bomb) The more likely backliner kit that I would put my money on. Beakons already exist on the Ballpoint, but it seems like it and the Nautilus are considered their own weapon families, oddly enough.

N-Zap '83:
(Point Sensor + Ultra Stamp) Again, I have no idea how to group together shooters, but I'd wager the N-Zap is lumped with the Aerospray. This would be the S1 N-Zap '83.
(Sprinkler + Booyah Bomb) If they're NOT in the same family, then this would recreate the N-Zap '89 from S1.

Sploosh-o-matic 7:
(Point Sensor + Ultra Stamp) Recreating the S1 Neo Sploosh
(Splat Bomb + Booyah Bomb)
(Torpedo + Bubble Blower) I don't even know. I genuinely think that the Sploosh 7 will surprise us the most with its kit.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I would really like the bamboozler with booyah bomb. Such a fun special.

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid
Soda slosher must have fizzy bomb or it'd be a big missed opportunity xp

Bamboozler with splashwall again... Nightmare fuel ehe

I hope they will all be brand new combinations anyway... Enough sensor + baller really

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom