Splatoon 2 Shellendorf Institute

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I didn't even realize the map was coming out today I thought it was tomorrow but this was a pleasant surprise :)

So with the first matches of tower control, it was basically just a mess and I found myself on the worse end of brushes... Nothing much to say about this mode but Splat Zones is where things get real interesting. I thought they would block off the center roof area and make it all solid so you can really shoot from down there or something but all everyone did was chill up top and paint with one or two people on the sides down below. Baller seemed to do very well and splash walls up top so the chargers couldn't get ya too bad on roof. When I was in recon I was like oh my gosh it is so hard to flank in this map and especially on zones. But the whole map is so defense-oriented it's just so difficult to kill everyone and push back. Taking the zone is just temporary until you got a person up top building special and keeping the zone neutralized. No one kills anybody...

Personally for me it was a bit of a nightmare, but it does look like a really cool map and I'm curious to try like an E-Liter on it and do some peeking ;) All in all it's a new map that's pretty odd compared to the other maps we got so it'll be interesting to see where this one goes. Excellent for squid partying it seems...

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Splatzones for this map, hear me out, feels like a giant dish bowl. The Splatzone is underneath the scaffolding, and the ground sorta dips a bit. So its a hodgepodge of everyone shooting wildly in the center. The key is control the scaffolding, but my teammates just kept throwing themselves in the middle of the action. I think this map has potential, once it sets in with players and we all understand the map a tad more, but right now Splatzones is a mess. (Now Shellendorf's actually a lot of fun on turf, so it isn't a bad map, it's actually far from that. I've yet to play it on Clam Blitz, but I think it'd really shine there.)

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I've only played this in Rainmaker so far, but I love it. Lots of routes with interesting tactical choices. I had some trouble spacing my Rapid Blaster correctly, for some reason, but I was also pretty rusty.

Frustratingly, I ended the rotation one win away from reaching S rank, but with three cracks plus a loss....

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So far only one rotation of Clam Blitz, Splat Zones, and Turf War. But topside is home for me as I keep spending like 90% of every match up there having fun and showing off my (make-believe) acrobatic prowess.

It's so amusing when others try and chase after or range reach me only to fall down a hole! Especially when I'm corner hopping across a hole. And I like how the inkrails are placed near spawn as I can often activate the enemy's inkrail, hop down to do whatever, then make a quick getaway! Though I see what they did there with making the jump from inkrail to roof slightly tricky, so you either go left or right to keep from over shooting your jump.

Also, with topside being all glass you can still challenge any long range or ink hungry weapon by forcing them to expend their ink in trying to splat you. You just gotta learn how to dodge!

As for specials, I'm not sure if I like better: surprise baller from above or bomb rush shower. Bubbles I can't aim downward but I am attempting to get them at least under the glass ceiling and see if popping them that high still has some effect. But topside can offer a really safe place to activate inkjet and surprise attack from. Start it up, dive bomb to the ground floor, then bail out topside with a full inktank. Or activate the inkrail, overshoot your jump, activate inkjet in midair, get reseted to the inkrail start.

This could end up being my favourite stage! :scared:

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
So far only one rotation of Clam Blitz, Splat Zones, and Turf War. But topside is home for me as I keep spending like 90% of every match up there having fun and showing off my (make-believe) acrobatic prowess.

It's so amusing when others try and chase after or range reach me only to fall down a hole! Especially when I'm corner hopping across a hole. And I like how the inkrails are placed near spawn as I can often activate the enemy's inkrail, hop down to do whatever, then make a quick getaway! Though I see what they did there with making the jump from inkrail to roof slightly tricky, so you either go left or right to keep from over shooting your jump.

Also, with topside being all glass you can still challenge any long range or ink hungry weapon by forcing them to expend their ink in trying to splat you. You just gotta learn how to dodge!

As for specials, I'm not sure if I like better: surprise baller from above or bomb rush shower. Bubbles I can't aim downward but I am attempting to get them at least under the glass ceiling and see if popping them that high still has some effect. But topside can offer a really safe place to activate inkjet and surprise attack from. Start it up, dive bomb to the ground floor, then bail out topside with a full inktank. Or activate the inkrail, overshoot your jump, activate inkjet in midair, get reseted to the inkrail start.

This could end up being my favourite stage! :scared:
Just you wait for rainmaker

It could get lopsided really quick but it's easy to comeback sometimes

TheTrustedTaco

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4625-4802-9018
I don't think this map is very good. If you fall from the top while you're shooting down, you have to make your way all the way back up and you'll most likely die because somebody will take you out when you fall. I understand that chargers can be good on the top of the map, but they're easy targets for chargers or long range weapons on the ground because they have no ink to swim in to avoid other snipers. Plus, you're an easy target whenever you're going up an ink rail, and that seems to be the only way people get to the top.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
With how short-range focused this game is, having a map where long range weapons can do well is really good for balancing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom