1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Shifty Station - New Splatfest Map! Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by SlyBlue, Aug 1, 2017.

?

Excited for Shifty Station?

1. Yes!

2. No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Flareth

Flareth Inkling Fleet Admiral

I do prefer this layout to the other one overall. It ain't as big (albeit deceptively so), for one, and the moving pillars in the level are far less annoying than the constantly shuffling side platforms we had before. Thankfully it retains the sense of openness the first layout had, which is always a bonus.

Yet, I can't help but think that it facilitates spawncamping somehow. I can't put my finger on why exactly that's the case, but so far I've had a fair few matches where either we or the enemy team were utterly boxed in after a certain point. I don't think most of those involved a player disconnecting, either, so... I dunno. Perhaps a few more rounds on the map might clear things up.

SqidVishus likes this.
  2. RespawningJesus

RespawningJesus I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
    Premium

NNID:
    RespawningJesus
    Good map this time around, but it is fairly easy to trap the enemy into their spawn and vice versa. There really isn't a whole lot they can do to get out of whatever mess they are in, unless they somehow wipe a bunch of players from the enemy team.

3. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    I LOVE THIS MAP!!!

*ahem*

So this map is a carbon rollers dream. You can run around on lots of land and cover turf so fast. This was the map that actually got me liking the carbon roller. I spent most of my time following inklings then jumping out and 1 shorting them. I love this new map.

Deleted Member likes this.
  4. Big enough for me to have actual one on one battles with other squids, I loved it!

Yin_ likes this.
  5. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    SAME. I love swimming up to lone squibs and poping out just to say "hello! You died!"

6. Padre

Padre Pro Squid

I really liked this map. Room for chargers too.
    Preview images were meh.