• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Shifty Station - New Splatfest Map! Thoughts?

Excited for Shifty Station?

• Yes!

• No!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I do prefer this layout to the other one overall. It ain't as big (albeit deceptively so), for one, and the moving pillars in the level are far less annoying than the constantly shuffling side platforms we had before. Thankfully it retains the sense of openness the first layout had, which is always a bonus.

Yet, I can't help but think that it facilitates spawncamping somehow. I can't put my finger on why exactly that's the case, but so far I've had a fair few matches where either we or the enemy team were utterly boxed in after a certain point. I don't think most of those involved a player disconnecting, either, so... I dunno. Perhaps a few more rounds on the map might clear things up.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Good map this time around, but it is fairly easy to trap the enemy into their spawn and vice versa. There really isn't a whole lot they can do to get out of whatever mess they are in, unless they somehow wipe a bunch of players from the enemy team.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
I LOVE THIS MAP!!!

*ahem*

So this map is a carbon rollers dream. You can run around on lots of land and cover turf so fast. This was the map that actually got me liking the carbon roller. I spent most of my time following inklings then jumping out and 1 shorting them. I love this new map.

D

Deleted Member

Big enough for me to have actual one on one battles with other squids, I loved it!

Padre

Pro Squid
I really liked this map. Room for chargers too.
Preview images were meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom