Shifty station

Noodlez_

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3763-3506-4409
More like ****ty station, What retard designed shifty station for this splatfest?! Is it just me or has anyone else noticed it's a box with no real paths and nowhere to really maneuver around when trying to avoid being splatted because its just an open box that you can see everything from anywhere on the map.

Worst part is they force you to play it like 5 times in a row then slip in another track then right back to ****ty station

Cephalobro

I have to agree on this one, I liked past Shifty Stations for implementing elements from Single Player and Salmon Run and they were balanced because they had things that block a team from getting to the other team's area so easily. However, this time, I feel like this one is just breeding grounds for spawn-campers.

Enduh

Inkling
NNID
EnderDaEnd
Switch Friend Code
SW-1790-8565-1315
This is a reused shifty station actually. It was from the 2nd splatfest. I've played on every shifty station and it is by far my least favorite.
They reused it because, since there's 3 splatfests in a row, there isn't enough time to design 3 new ones. I assume next weekend will use another old shifty, and the finals might have a new one.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I dunno. I didn't mind it actually.

I didn't have Splatoon 2 during the Splatfest this one originally debut on so it was new to me at least.

It is definitely a more arena styled Shifty Station. You definitely have to have a degree of competency in combat to flourish in this map.

Luckily for myself, I do have a degree of competency at fighting or flanking, especially in taking advantage of what little high ground there is and knowing which walls the opponents can't approach from.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed it's a box with no real paths and nowhere to really maneuver around when trying to avoid being splatted because its just an open box that you can see everything from anywhere on the map.
I mean, it's a little like this, but not really. There's enough walls and platforms (even more when they're raised) to make use of. It's actually quite clever I think. The middle platform when raised is a good place to keep control of the battle, but when lowered, the other team has a chance to turn the field in their favor.

You probably needed some more practice on it, but since it's a limited time stage in a rotation where there's three instead of two stages, that's sometimes hard to get with Shifty Stations.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Considering that the Shifty Station is part of the Story Line in Splat2.
Remember that Marina helped with the design of the Shifty Stations.
This would imply it would be designed by Octolings and Octarians alike.
And it's also located in an underground Octarian lair, so if the design is too original, it wouldn't be Octarian design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom