• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Shopping: Why?!

Style vs. Functionality

• Style, I dont care if i have ninja squid over defense up, i just gotta look noice!

• id rather wear a gas mask if it means i have defense up.

• I really don't care.

• Isn't Spyke an option? REROLLS FOR ALL!!

• Spyke can't POSSIBLY be an option. Is he?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bolt

Inkster Jr.
NNID
EnderBolt
It needs to be a mix of both for me. Honestly, I don't really care about shoes as long as they're not the plum casuals. Don't really care about clothing either, bur I really need something good-looking as my headgear. Can't go around wearing a paintball mask or gas mask.

It needs to be a mix of both for me. Honestly, I don't really care about shoes as long as they're not the plum casuals. Don't really care about clothing either, bur I really need something good-looking as my headgear. Can't go around wearing a paintball mask or gas mask.
Yeah same with me. I usually wear the octoling goggles because their stats are helpful to me. But if theres some thing you really like but it has terrible stats, Theres always Spyke.

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
I do a mix of both. I REEEALY wanted to use the Shirt and Tie when I first saw it, but then it had Special Saver. >_< I also try to make an entire outfit that looks good instead of just gear that looks good individually, but looks horrid together.

I do a mix of both. I REEEALY wanted to use the Shirt and Tie when I first saw it, but then it had Special Saver. >_< I also try to make an entire outfit that looks good instead of just gear that looks good individually, but looks horrid together.
Thats annoying isnt it >/////< When i put together outfits, I just throw stuff together and then i realize my stats are horrid.
imgres.jpg

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I wish there was a way to merge pieces of gear, giving the stats of one and look of another. As with gear itself, I try to match my stuff but with that my shoes and shirt could change color along with the squid.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Style first, everything else is of less importance to me.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
How I make my choices:

What weapon am I using > stats > am I with my team or weak/random players > style

Compared to a lot of people I know, I have a little more flexibility with the balance of "Prefect Items(7 pieces)" and style. So I can usually look some what fashionable most of the time, except when I have to wear my gas mask.

How I make my choices:

What weapon am I using > stats > am I with my team or weak/random players > style

Compared to a lot of people I know, I have a little more flexibility with the balance of "Prefect Items(7 pieces)" and style. So I can usually look some what fashionable most of the time, except when I have to wear my gas mask.
Choosing gear based on what weapon you're using... Smart.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
This is pretty much me with main abilities, even when it comes to ranked; I just want to look cool. For example, I love my aviator goggles, but their main ability is for throwing bombs, and since I use the silver Aerospray, the seekers I use... I'm not sure if it effect seekers, actually. Does it send them out faster? Do they reach out more? I do strategize with my gear in ranked, but I want my goggles out there. :P

Berentxo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Berentxo
Spyke all the way, I'm working on making myself some sets of things that look nice and have useful abilities for my play style. It's great we have a game where we can have it all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom