Should Ability-effects be modified?

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
I have been wondering about this one for a while now.
Are there any Abilites, that are too powerful or too powerless?
If so, should their effects be changed to be more powerful or more fair?

I am not too deep into this.
So I say the Abilities are fine the way they are now...
Well, except for one. Cold-Blooded

I dunno about the rest of you guys, but if you ask me, just lessening the time won't do much of a difference.
Even if you are being revealed for just one second, the enemy knows where you are.
And if you are in a spot with little options of escape, they can cut you off and kill you easily, no matter how long Echolocation reveals me.
It still is a good skill, but not as useful as it should be.

If you ask me: Cold-Blooded should BLOCK all Echolocation COMPLETELY!!
I mean come on, other online-shooters do it like this as well, with these kinda abilities.
Not just lessening the time Radars or whatever contraption can track you, but completely blocking them, making it impossible for them to track you.
And nobody complained about these abilities, in those games. (Other than a few sore losers maybe)

But that is all I would ask for... Well for now.
That might change.

What about you people?

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
The difference with Splatoon and other shooters is that you can hide in ink, which makes you COMPLETELY invisible to everyone on the enemy team. Making Cold Blooded straight up block Echolocator sounds a bit too good.
I think a lot of people say that Ink Saver Sub should save a more noticeable amount of ink, which I kinda agree with.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
Having cold blooded completely block it can be tricky in a few situations. For example, if you're using echolocator or point sensors not to track, but just to check where someone is, such as around a corner. Just one second is enough to know they're there, but after that second passes you don't know if they've left or not.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
The difference with Splatoon and other shooters is that you can hide in ink, which makes you COMPLETELY invisible to everyone on the enemy team. Making Cold Blooded straight up block Echolocator sounds a bit too good.
But you are only completely invisible, if you stay still while being submerged in ink (or move at snail's pace, which really doesn't get you anywhere though).
That is, if you don't have Ninja Squid.

Without Ninja Squid, ripples are formed as you move, giving your position away to enemies that pay at least a little attention to their surroundings.
So yeah, I don't see it making a lot of a difference in that regard.

I think a lot of people say that Ink Saver Sub should save a more noticeable amount of ink, which I kinda agree with.
Yes, I saw.
I am almost inclined to agree. But still unsure about that one.

Having cold blooded completely block it can be tricky in a few situations. For example, if you're using echolocator or point sensors not to track, but just to check where someone is, such as around a corner. Just one second is enough to know they're there, but after that second passes you don't know if they've left or not.
Still having the enemy even roughly tracking your whereabouts can screw you over, if you prefer to use flanking and stealth.
While I admit being tracked for about 1 second is better than for full 8 seconds (or however long Echolocation lasts), it still isn't an ability completetly reliable..
Granted, it is situational. But in certain situations one second is all that is needed to compromise your plans.

KeebyKakes

Senior Squid
The fact that :ability_coldblooded: is already considered one of the best abilities in the game (as well as one of the most common) means that buffing it will probably make everybody run it, thereby making :echolocator: useless. I think it is fine as is because it is enough to get a general idea of where enemies are but you will have trouble hunting them down.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
I think that is nonsense.
Only stealth-based players would benefit from it.

More aggressive players, that do not care about being spotted, are better off with something else.
Remember, if you are equipping an ability that doesn't go with your playstyle, you are potentially wasting an ability-slot, that could be used for something you could benefit more.

There is no god-like ability that is the most powerful.
Each any every ability is useful in its own way (arguably).
It depends on playstyle.
And like with any other ability, Cold-Blooded is not for everyone.
Some people have use for it, while others are better off with something else
This conceptual buff wouldn't change that.

I don't even see a lot of people using it actually.

KeebyKakes

Senior Squid
I think that is nonsense.
Only stealth-based players would benefit from it.

More aggressive players, that do not care about being spotted, are better off with something else.
Remember, if you are equipping an ability that doesn't go with your playstyle, you are potentially wasting an ability-slot, that could be used for something you could benefit more.

There is no god-like ability that is the most powerful.
Each any every ability is useful in its own way (arguably).
It depends on playstyle.
And like with any other ability, Cold-Blooded is not for everyone.
Some people have use for it, while others are better off with something else
This conceptual buff wouldn't change that.

I don't even see a lot of people using it actually.
It's true that not everyone needs Cold-blooded, but there's no need to buff an already good ability. I'd say abilities like Ink Saver (Sub), Bomb Sniffer, Last-ditch Effort, etc. are in greater need of a buff than CB.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
:ability_recon: should let you track enemies on your map while you are super jumping.

:ability_openinggambit: and :ability_lastditcheffort: should be extended to 45-60 seconds, and :ability_lastditcheffort: should last through overtime.

:ability_stealthjump: should have a faster super jump (Pre-patch was better)

:ability_specialduration: should extend the time a Killer Wail stays out.

:ability_bombrange:should work on sprinklers.

:ability_inksaversub: should save slightly more ink.

:ability_bombsniffer: should let you see bombs, ink walls, and sprinklers on your minimap.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
:ability_damage: & :ability_defenseup: Completely Nullify. None of this Damage Up does more than Defense Up nonsense.
:ability_bombrange: Work on Sprinklers
:ability_lastditcheffort: Work during Overtime
:ability_ninjasquid: Slightly lower swimming sounds.
:ability_inksaversub: Needs to save more ink.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Honestly, I feel the only abilities that need a touch-up are :ability_inksaversub: and :ability_inkrecovery:. I don't really notice the effects of either, so perhaps a boost to how much ink is saved for the former & a slight increase to the recovery rate for the latter are in order.

A while back I complained that :ability_inkresistance: was underpowered, but after running it for a while longer I realized it does help a bit. I mean, deep inside I wish was more "powerful" (for want of a better term), but I'm happy with what I've got.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've already said it before, but I still think it would be cool if Bomb Sniffer would let you see the position of players using Special Weapons (in the case of Inkstrikes and Killer Wails, it would work before it is launched/placed; Echolocation might not have an effect, though) and just rename it to Sniffer or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom