Should I Re-roll?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I have at least two pieces of gear that I'm contemplating rerolling but have reservations:

White Shirt :clothes_shirt003::ability_inkrecovery:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_swimspeed:
Fake Contacts :head_eye007::ability_specialcharge:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_swimspeed:

Normally I'd not hesitate to reroll into a perfect. BUT, these rolled swim speed instead of the last sub, which is causing me to consider the benefits of running that extra swim speed sub. I usually run at least 3 swim speed subs, so having a fourth does make a bit of a difference.

What do you all suggest?

Also, I figured this could also be a thread for you to ask similar questions. So feel free to post gear that you are considering rerolling but aren't sure to get advice from other forum goers.

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
I have at least two pieces of gear that I'm contemplating rerolling but have reservations:

White Shirt :clothes_shirt003::ability_inkrecovery:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_swimspeed:
Fake Contacts :head_eye007::ability_specialcharge:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_swimspeed:

Normally I'd not hesitate to reroll into a perfect. BUT, these rolled swim speed instead of the last sub, which is causing me to consider the benefits of running that extra swim speed sub. I usually run at least 3 swim speed subs, so having a fourth does make a bit of a difference.

What do you all suggest?

Also, I figured this could also be a thread for you to ask similar questions. So feel free to post gear that you are considering rerolling but aren't sure to get advice from other forum goers.
My decision would probably require looking at the third piece of equipment. Ideally to top it all off, you would need another sub of Ink Saver (Main), Ink Recovery Up, and Swim Speed Up on that piece of equipment. Very few players consider this option though, since it does require some luck, and knowledge about the brand.

I do not have questions about rerolling, I basically roll for pures or perfect gear.

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
Combine those with perfect Red Hi-Tops and you'll have a worthy gear set without the need for rerolls. I think they're fine as is.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
They aren't really for any build, at least not together. I almost always use my perfect red hi-tops, regardless of gun. Maybe I should try them all together for something and see what happens. Maybe the custom DS?

I use the contacts A LOT as is; mostly for my dual squelcher.

I usually roll for perfect gear as well. The swim speed is so useful though, I wasn't sure I wanted to part with them...

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Eh, I think the Contacts are fine. Swim Speed Up is always a plus (or so they say, I've yet to have much success with it), and having the Ink Recovery main on the shirt kinda eliminates the need for a third sub of it.

Unless you weren't planning on using the shirt & contacts together, in which case I'd say it's dependent on the rest of the gear you're using.

For the shirt, I'd say the same thing, but having that extra bit of Ink Saver is, I feel, more valuable if you plan on fighting/inking more than running away.

EDIT: And if I may present my own question...

Now I don't usually think much of my Splatfest shirt's abilities, mainly because I won't have it for long. But this:
looks like a dud to me. Should I bother rerolling it, though, if I'm only going to have it for this week?

Last edited:

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I'll keep the contacts and reroll the shirt. I usually find ink saver more useful than ink recovery anyway and, for the most part, I wont be running any other ink efficiency stuff when I wear that shirt.

@Flareth
I wouldn't bother rerolling the splatfest tee. Spending money for a reroll for something you'll only use for 1 day seems like a waste.

Last edited:

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yo, so I completely forgot this thread was a thing. My apologies.

Now, I have another question.
I made the mistake of burning through all 24 Sea Snails I won yesterday trying to get a specific roll, so I have to ask: is it worth trying to get a perfect roll on gear that doesn't favor any specific abilities? Is it only feasible if you save scum?
(And for that matter, how do you save scum anyway?)

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Yo, so I completely forgot this thread was a thing. My apologies.

Now, I have another question.
I made the mistake of burning through all 24 Sea Snails I won yesterday trying to get a specific roll, so I have to ask: is it worth trying to get a perfect roll on gear that doesn't favor any specific abilities? Is it only feasible if you save scum?
(And for that matter, how do you save scum anyway?)
You have such a low chance of getting a perfect gear on a neutral brand (1 in 2197) that save scumming is probably the only way...unless you've finished all your other gear and just want to spend snails/money.

Here is @Hitzel's save scumming guide:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19v--kbeoEhnZlS6TB2YOiey6e0nldnSgmd4bD0_yGUI/edit

Personally, I'm having trouble figuring out what to reroll first. I think I've got it down to 5 possibilities:
Neon Sea Slugs
Strapping Reds
Sage Green Polo
White Headband
White Shirt (mentioned in OP)

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
You have such a low chance of getting a perfect gear on a neutral brand (1 in 2197)
It's actually 1/169 if you don't care which ability you get triples of. Or anywhere in between depending on which abilities you like.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@SupaTim

I feel you. My first priority would be rerolling any gear that doesn't have at least 2 of the favored sub abilities (ie., Hi-Tops without any Swim Speed Ups).

After that, if it has only two of the desired abilities, I'd leave it unless I really need that 3rd sub and/or that third sub isn't particularly useful for the set you're designing (like, say, a stray Bomb Range Up on a Krak-On Roller).

I don't know how helpful this is for your situation, but that's what I'd do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom