• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Should I start unoffical splatfests?

Neon the squid

Inkster Jr.
I have been thinking about this for a while and I think it's a good idea. I should hold splatfests. People are upset because of splatfests ending. I almost finshed an website for splatfests but I haven't made it public. Please reply with your thoughts about this.

lone

Inkster Jr.
NNID
loneotaku
Switch Friend Code
SW-1901-5583-6414
Sounds interesting, but how would you pull it off? I don't see any clear way of it working widescale like original Splatfests did, nor do I see it working easily...

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
You would need a large amount of attention, but an unofficial online thing for fun could work.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If there was the option to do ranked modes also. That would pique my interest.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Coordinating / automation would help. What kind of details can SplatNet provide through API?

ThisFungi

8-bit crazy!
The way I can see it partially work is if we have people sign up like you would a tourney. You could then shuffle members of the two splatfest teams around every couple of rounds or so for varying results. A discord server would be needed as well to keep everything in check.

Also, to stay in the tradition of Splatfests it should JUST be Turf Wars as the mode of choice.

As for the colors.... well there's always that colorhax program to match the colors of said splatfests (but I am not certain about it being usable for online purposes, or if the majority of players would even want to initialize such a program)

Maave

Inkling Commander
As for the colors.... well there's always that colorhax program to match the colors of said splatfests (but I am not certain about it being usable for online purposes, or if the majority of players would even want to initialize such a program)
I was thinking this too. Best not to leave it to the users though. Wii U hacks start with the browser - exploiting a video processing vuln and then going to a kernel vuln. It can be (and is) hosted on a public website. Exploit runs then the custom software runs. Package it all together so the user just has to go to "unofficialsplatfest.com/colorhax" and let 'er rip.

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
I was thinking this too. Best not to leave it to the users though. Wii U hacks start with the browser - exploiting a video processing vuln and then going to a kernel vuln. It can be (and is) hosted on a public website. Exploit runs then the custom software runs. Package it all together so the user just has to go to "unofficialsplatfest.com/colorhax" and let 'er rip.
I thought they can track whenever someone uses colorhax? Which will result in a ban.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I thought they can track whenever someone uses colorhax? Which will result in a ban.
Oh you're right, apparently it is detectable. That's unfortunate since it's such a harmless mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom