Should Inkstrikes count after the match has ended?

viellain

Inkling
Inkstrikes take a bit to charge, and they have to be used in secret. If you're suspecting someone's going to pull some shady stuff like that then you should be prepared to steal as much ground as possible while they try to hide and strike. Or just do the same to the other team. I'd like to see a game where both teams have inkstrikes and they all launch it at the same time. Utter Mutual Assured Destruction it would be.

But Inkstrike last second not counting? You're ludicrous for presenting such a absurd proposal.

And as always Splatoon is not the ordinary game. Once you try to limit the results of a game based on the standards of another game you are trapping Splatoon to the norms of other shooters. Embrace it for what it is or play those other games.

LatencyZT

Inkling
NNID
LatencyZT
I've been on the fence about this for a while just because I've been in my fair share of matches where that inkstrike has decided the game, both on the winning and losing side. To me it's not about deserving to use it if you built the meter. I think the most fundamental thing is that if the animation goes off, before time, the damage should count.

Same thing in fighting games, if I throw a projectile and the round ends, you won't be injured, because the round is over.
Coming from a more FG background into Splatoon, I relate to this the most. There's an infamous match of SF4 (that I can't find on youtube right now) where Zangief connects with his Ultra move, which will kill Akuma easily. However, the clock is at less than 10 seconds. The damage from this move doesn't happen until the end, but the clock continues to run during the cinematic. Zangief ends up losing the match by time out, even though his winning move connected.

Ever since that video, I've never agreed with handling supers that way. I feel like if the attack connects, the animation completes, you should get the damage. That's my opinion on fighting games, and I feel the same about Splatoon.

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
Ever since that video, I've never agreed with handling supers that way. I feel like if the attack connects, the animation completes, you should get the damage. That's my opinion on fighting games, and I feel the same about Splatoon.
Ouch, if a super connects the timer should freeze, instead of a time out. But even then, the timer stops.
If inkstrikes caused the timer to stop in Splatoon, allowing both teams to take advantage I would be fine with it. But it doesn't, it ends the match and makes you sit there with tape over your screen while everyone watches it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom