Should Splatfest Switch Game Modes?

XxTheWhopperxX

Inkster Jr.
NNID
XxTheWhopperxX
I don't know about you guys, but Splatfest get boring very quickly for me now. I play so much ranked because I just enjoy the game modes more and I only use turf wars when I'm playing with a group 5+ or me and some friends are testing out new weapons/maps.

I think it would be cool if they would switch up the game mode for each Splatfest that way it's not the same thing every single time.

An alternate solution would be to make two separate servers, one for ranked game modes, and one for turf wars. Though I feel that would have a bunch of connection issues.

So what do you guys think? Am I only the one who feels this way?

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
As people under level 10 can not play Ranked, there needs to be a turf war server still. However, a Splatfest Ranked server would be nice, especially if it awards more splatfest points and splatfest experience. That is, assuming the rank system works with much less players and separate Splatfest teams.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I'd like it if next time they'd introduce new gimmicks to keep it fresh, like splatfest shirts with different abilities than Special Saver. Or maybe during splatfest give players random weapons each match!

XxTheWhopperxX

Inkster Jr.
NNID
XxTheWhopperxX
I'd like it if next time they'd introduce new gimmicks to keep it fresh, like splatfest shirts with different abilities than Special Saver. Or maybe during splatfest give players random weapons each match!
I would like that! Though I could see a lot of people getting upset that they get random weapons.

As people under level 10 can not play Ranked, there needs to be a turf war server still. However, a Splatfest Ranked server would be nice, especially if it awards more splatfest points and splatfest experience. That is, assuming the rank system works with much less players and separate Splatfest teams.
Oh yeah. I completely forgot about needing to be level 10. Maybe they could make Splatfest an exception for that?

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think the reason why they keep Turf Wars for Splatfests is that it's the mode which was made for casual players, so changing it to something some are unfamiliar with or dislike because it can induce stress very quickly might not be the best idea. I'd say it would be better to have a Ranked Battle mode available that still counts for the Splatfest total (and it could implement the current experience system for the Splatfest experience to make it worthwhile... if you win) aside of the standard Turf War

Reactions: 1o2

XxTheWhopperxX

Inkster Jr.
NNID
XxTheWhopperxX
I think the reason why they keep Turf Wars for Splatfests is that it's the mode which was made for casual players, so changing it to something some are unfamiliar with or dislike because it can induce stress very quickly might not be the best idea. I'd say it would be better to have a Ranked Battle mode available that still counts for the Splatfest total (and it could implement the current experience system for the Splatfest experience to make it worthwhile... if you win) aside of the standard Turf War
Hmmmmm. Yeah overall I'm thinking that two separate lobbies would work best to please all players. Hopefully Nintendo considers this.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
They can't play Ranked, but there's nothing that says they couldn't participate in a Splatfest that happened to use SZ/TW/RM. I assume it's already possible for <10 players to play those modes in Private Battles already, right?

Sadly I doubt they're ever going to mix it up. Turf Wars is supposed to be the beginner-friendly mode for kids to have fun in without having to worry as much about direct combat and focused objectives, so they want to keep that always open for the casual audience. And judging by how Ranked's idiotic rotation system works, they already don't really care about those of us who just want to play other modes.

1o2

Inkling Cadet
I would love for newer game modes to be available in Splatfest, as Turf Wars is just stale after 3ish hours of playing it to get to Queen/King. The only problem is that Splatfests are regional, and splitting the already lowered pool of available players into Ranked modes and Turf Wars could create match making problems. Especially since you idealistically want to be matched up versus the opposing Splatfest team. This past splatfest could've made this split turn out differently, as it was apparent that Autobots had a higher child/younger player base than Decepticons. Most likely more of the Decepticons would've played vs each other in Ranked, and more of the Autobots would've played each other in Turf Wars.

@Missingo pretty much describes it perfectly,. Splatfest using SZ/TC/RM would allow for ranked players to completely obliterate newer/less competitive players. On top of this, all games could end prematurely through knockout, creating very quick games. Turf Wars will never end before 3 minutes, as there is no such thing as a knockout. I have no idea whether this could create problems though. Splatfest is supposed to be a neutral/open environment for all players, skilled and less skilled to come together.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
DOWN WITH THE SPLATFESTS. Seriously though, they are becoming a chore (after the initial thrust of fun I admit, then staleness) for snails to me now. They could at least let us join with friends.

Reactions: LMG

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Having unranked TC/SZ/RM for Splatfest might help introduce those modes to the more casual players which I think would be beneficial to the community as a whole.

Maybe rotate the mode between the 4 available modes every 2 hours or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom