• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Should Splatoon 2 be released on the Wii U?

Jhonnybird

Full Squid
NNID
Jhonnybird2004
Once I found out that Splatoon 2 was coming out I celebrated. Once I found out it was only coming out for the switch I cried in annoyance. I know I won't be able to afford a nintendo switch, so I have no chance of getting it unless they release it for the wii u. The controls would probably work on the wii u anyway, so why should it only go out on the switch!

97Stephen

Pro Squid
Because it was developed for the switch. They're not going to take the time to port a new game to a dead system. Not to mention that it will use the new online service.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
But how did you get a Wii U if you can't afford a Switch? They're the same price with Switch likely getting eventual pricecuts and bundles.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
This won't happen. The Wii U was dead by 2014, and with the production of the console now officially over, it would be insanity for them to release it on Wii U. Why do it when that will actively harm the Switch's appeal and sales? As a business they'll make more money from people jumping to Switch for the game than a few thousand buying it on Wii U. On top of that Nintendo has already stated that Breath of the Wild is the last Wii U title from them.

The thing is you need to realise games won't be released on a dead/last gen console (last gen for Ninty) just because a small handful are unable to afford the new console in its launch year. I don't want to be rude or condescending, but this comes across as a childlike thought, where it doesn't consider that reality will never work out that way. I for one am glad that Splatoon 2 is going to Switch. It is coming in the launch year, Switch is enticing and there's more time for the player base to grow bigger and better than the Wii U's and regular updates are likely to go on longer than the original, so more changes to the meta via balance changes, additional maps and weapons amongst other tweaks and changes. I myself will struggle to get a Switch and Splatoon 2, but I will try my best to get the money together for it when it launches in the Summer, so there's time to save up for it. I can see Nintendo making a Switch + Splatoon 2 pack-in bundle, with a likelihood discount of the console and retailer bundles.

peat-warrior

Banned (6 points)
I think it wouldn't be a problem for Nintendo, to release a Wii U version. They don't do it, because they need a purchase argument for their new console.
Just greed for profit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom