• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Should the Squid Boards go mobile?

Should there be a Squid Boards app for the Phone

• Total voters

Inkling Blue

Inkster Jr.
Wouldnt it be really awesome if Squid Boards had an app? *Hint* It would! this poll decides if you guys agree or disagree. I have only been around for a few days and the other day I wanted to make a post on my phone but on Safari the Squid boards were being weird and odd so maybe there should be an app!

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
It works fine for my on my ipad (safari) and huawei smartphone (google).
It would be nice but far from really needed imo.
Alas, some other people can have less luck running the site on mobile.

MrMontolio

Inkling
Well, if there's incompatibility from many users, and it takes less time than stabilizing the mobile browser version... But I have no issues using Opera on my 2014 phone.

Once I visited another forum which offered me to download an app for specific forums that used a certain build for them. I wonder if it would have to be the same for this site...

robin

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6725-9467-0981
lot of other forums use apps like tapatalk! I don't know if you have to be using a certain kinda forum software tho

Maave

Inkling Commander
As a developer, web and Android, I recommend just tweaking the existing theme. It's totally acceptable on mobile right now. In fact I'm typing this from my phone. If you can drop-and-go with some mobile software like Tapatalk then consider it, but otherwise it's a buttload of work that could be directed towards improving the existing CSS for mobile (like improving performance for low-end phone CPUs)

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
It works okay enough on mobile, not too laggy or difficult although indeed not ideal. With ads though from not having Premium it could be much worse...

Mr Hemulen

Inkster Jr.
Similarly to Maave, as a dev I can't see much a dedicated app would offer over the browser version. The value added probably wouldn't justify the increased need for dev resource imposed by an app. Also, the user base of this site is relatively small and only a fraction of those would use an app over using the perfectly acceptable web format (almost guarenteed) so you would be going to a lot of effort to offer not much to not many people.

Inkling Blue

Inkster Jr.
Well so far it's working on everyone's phone but mine, but I still think it would be cool, kind of like an amino, mmm that's actually a good idea maybe we don't need a forum app but something new, A Splatoon Amino!

the

Inkling Commander
Well so far it's working on everyone's phone but mine, but I still think it would be cool, kind of like an amino, mmm that's actually a good idea maybe we don't need a forum app but something new, A Splatoon Amino!
I feel like I’ve heard about one existing... though I dunno how much overlap there is with the squidboards community.

She-Squid

Inkling
Yes! I just joined but a mobile app would be fantastic. It doesn't have to be a new app though. There's this app called Tapatalk that lets you access thousands of internet forums, it's just one app but you can access a lot of forums on it. I'm a member of 12 forums and they're all available on Tapatalk. I'm mostly on mobile so I think that it would be great to have all my forums in one app. If Squidboards gets added to Tapatalk that would be great, it would be convenient and will increase activity a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom