• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Show off your Splatoon OC and some fun facts!

fillet.

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4238-5756-7104
I personally have an octoling named Bottles!
20240117_144419.jpg

• They're the boyfriend of my headcanon'd Agent 4, who's a streamer, and helps a lot make sure everything is running well for them.
  • They play Heavy Edit! Personally they enjoy the support playstyle and always try and call out when they have soder in a silly way.

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
so i have approximately a million--

i guess one of my 'main' OCs though is my oc-ified neo agent 3. her name's dew riptide (she has some other names. it's a whole thing) and she... is from the octarian army, but was not a defector at the beginning of the story campaign. after being separated from her squad, she stayed in the splatlands (and fell in with the NEW New Squidbeak Splatoon) to 'gather intel'. and find her friends maybe. but her time both in splatsville and in alterna erodes her unwavering loyalty to the domes/hatred of the surface... and then she hears a catchy song in the end

dewrefcroppedtoonedrawing.pngfreckles.pngIMG_0504.jpg
(last one is her when she's older, though you can hardly tell, lol)

she's not meant as an extension of me at all - she's not even the character i play as! (that'd be the guy in my icon here, who's literally just Me, But As an Octopus.) though i did play through the story mode as her on a side profile, lol

a fun fact about her, though... she has splatlandian octoling blood, and on the surface she eventually finds family members she didn't know she had. that's not the fun fact. the fun fact is that i decided this because when i built her in the in-game character creator (with just a loose idea of what she would look like), i gave her one of the tricolor eye color options because i thought they were cool and i knew that i wouldn't be able to give them to any of my other agent OCs. except there was some one-off promotional tweet that stated that those eye colors were 'unique to the splatlands.' now, if i were sane, i would've either changed dew's eye color or just, like, not accepted some random tweet from the SplatoonNA twitter as fact. however...

i tried to make this post short by the way

Retro_Wolf

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3631-4982-0610
Because of irl problems and such, I have not been able to draw or animate much at all for like 6 months. I got really rusty, but I am slowly getting back too it and I am learning how to draw inklings and octolings (or humanoids in general maybe ill be able to do humans eventually lol). I currently have like 60 splatoon ocs waiting to be drawn and recieve ref sheets (along with a few other ocs) but yeah and rn, I don't know which one to talk about lol.

Pineapple Death Match

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-4487-0366-3601
I can't draw so here's some fun facts/pop trivia/general profile tidbits abt my splatsona, Styx (he's my pfp atm)

-firefly squid (his bioluminescence is kinda patchy in various spots over his skin rather than appearing like freckles, he uses it to read late at night but it'll also trigger/flare up when emotions are running high)

-"you wouldn't hit a guy with glasses, would you?"

-OP of "are the gods mammals?" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate.

-has no idea he's been doomed by the narrative

-GEMPIO, "Sign of the Concise" | Prince of Light (IYKYK)

Bits

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2573-6331-5817
This is bits! He's a hacker just like me! He's kinda a work in progress character as I haven't really fleshed him out too much yet. He kind of acts as a self insert
but also kinda not, he mains stamper neo and will not shut up about hacking and strives to get top 500 eventually. He's also 20 like me.
vapor smol.png
image_2024-01-31_223909391.png

TooManyNachos

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7833-9020-0628
Here's my self insert OC, her name is Reef! Still working on her but here are some things so far:

- She's generally quiet but will open up to people she knows well
- It's hard to get her to stop talking about things she likes
- Brush main
- Huge interest in airplanes
- Totally not Shiver's girlfriend...

gaygirlwtf.png
74606081_RQCaXvVvr2gP0hG.png74606065_sniUM42O5bV2zxY.pngIMG_4752.jpg

Hokuto

Full Squid
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
I'm almost sorry, Squidboards.

I never played Splatoon 1, but Octo Expansion required me to have an Agent 3 and I don't like settling for the default when I have the option to make a character. My Agent 3, Skipper, is loosely based on my Freefall Sqid OC from 2020. (Yes, you read that right.) Skipper agreed to what they thought would be a community service project, found out how deep the really kettle goes, and suffered greatly for The Cause™. Inkling society would never guess their greatest contemporary hero is an asocial slob.

I started Splatoon 2 last year with Nalu, my Agent 4. He enlisted in the New Squidbeak Splatoon slightly underage (my in-universe justification for my inexperience) and aged up as I learned. When not finishing their compulsory education or getting got by the other team's backliners, Nalu likes fiddling with human technology and pulling pranks. He lives in the (relative) middle of nowhere with a hānai caretaker and now my Agent 8. Their commute into the city is almost as nightmarish as mine.

My Agent 8 is a continuation of my PLA OC. That story is too long for a forum post, but I will tell it one day (this is a threat). I still need to assign her a witness protection/surface name. She brought her memories of two human societies into an Octoling body, died about a hundred times between PLA and OE, and probably has one of the worst fates of any character I've ever created. I think the popular headcanon of Agent 8 moving in with Agent 4 is super cute, so she's crashing on Nalu's couch until she can get used to the surface and make some kind of life on her own.

I started Splatoon 3 (checks watch) two and a half weeks ago, so I hardly know my Agent of Chaos. Most of the time I spent on Story Mode was trying to get Skipper in. I do like them so far, though! If our Splashtag title is any indication, they're going to be a Leeroy Jenkins type, just like me. </3

Dishonorable mention to Jetta and Stone, my Splatoon 1 OCs from high school. (I know what I said. I had OCs from a game I didn't play.) They're the petty vandal equivalents of Bonnie and Clyde.

And don't get me started on my (Alternated) Splatband. I will never finish.

Attachments

EverGreen

Inkling
432 Scallion Ave Apt. 5A, Flounder Heights
Switch Friend Code
SW-3324-8584-6998
Here's my Inkling!
myInkling_byHunty_resized.png
This 27 y/o mercenary travels between the various locations of the Splatoon games as a fighter-for-hire. With his Splat Roller, he's crushed many a foe ranging from invasive Octarians and salmonids to competing with other opponents in official competitions.
While not super social, he does like to relax in various cafes and at his apartment in Flounder Heights. He was really lucky to get the apartment at the rent he's paying because about a year after getting it, a whole slew of potential tenants showed a ton of interest in his apartment complex and the rent skyrocketed! Thankfully, his cheap rent was grandfathered by his landlord for partaking in stopping DJ Octavio and the Octarians' from taking over Inkopolis!

This art is not my own. I commissioned the very talented Hunty and she did a fantastic job!

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
I have three OCs!
Name: Hikarimoon
Dislikes: people repeatedly splating her
Wields: Vanilla Flingza Roller
Secret Identity: Agent 8
IMG_0236.jpeg

Last edited:

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Name: Nana (nicknamed by Ika, real name
unknown)
Wields: Order Shot Replica
Dislikes: Accidentally ruining everyone’s wi-fi due to her being considered a “hacked player”
Secret Identity: Jelleton
IMG_0266.jpeg

Last edited:

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Name: Ika
Wields: E-liter 4K scope
Dislikes: Pro players, people who tease Nana bc she is a Jelleton
IMG_0269.jpeg

Last edited:

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
amacro
View attachment 10085

This is Julia!

Name: Julia Sasaki

Pronouns: She/Her

Weapons: Splatana Stamper

Personality:
Mysterious/Naughty (Sometimes)/Watchfull

Likes: Eating food 24/7 (Keeps food on hands at ALL TIMES), Rainmaker, Coding

Lives: Right next to Mount Nantai

Job: Overachiever in Salmon Run: Next Wave

Cephalobro

Will update this with a new image once I have the time, but here's my main Octoling OC (I also play as him in Splatoon 3)

Name: Coral

Species: Octoling

Weapon: Octo Shot

Personality: He's an open-minded guy, but prefers not to talk about his dead parents to strangers, as he witnessed their deaths too early in life, reminding him of his parents makes him sob. He's an otherwise cheerful guy who is willing to help any new Octarians who found their way into the surface ease into a new life. His ultimate goal is to have children with his Octoling girlfriend and future wife Kelp, and he will do anything to secure that future. He also takes his battles seriously, this is no doubt thanks to his Octohurler commander General Anemone sending him on secretive, but really dangerous missions, even though he's often partnered up with his Octotrooper brother and best friend Clam.

Skills: He's very skilled in battle and is able to find a weak spot on the opposing team if possible. There were even times in which he managed to lead a team of new players to victory against a team of pros thanks to his skills and strategic thinking. During missions, he's equally as skilled and when his skills are combined with Clam's melee fighting skills, the two brothers manage to defeat dangerous criminal organizations such as the Toxic Rainbow Syndicate or the Cult of Tartar, saving Inkopolis and possibly the world from any potential dystopia. Less threatening Inkling criminals had their butts kicked as soon as they threatened either of the brothers. The two brothers are often considered a two-man army by those who witnessed the battles firsthand.

Relations: An older Octotrooper brother named Clam, an Octoling girlfriend named Kelp, an Octobomber friend named Ocean, an Octohurler commander named General Anemone, and an elite Octoling coworker named Shark.

Likes: Spending time with Clam, Kelp, and Ocean. Playing video-games with Clam and watching romantic movies with Kelp.

Dislikes: Any threat to his goal of having Octoling children in the future. Any threat to the Octarians living on the surface, whether they are tentacles or Octolings, he once warned the New Squidbeak Splatoon that if they go after the tentacle Octarians on the surface, he would attack all members of the New Squidbeak Splatoon directly no matter who they are.

Last edited:

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
I also have a new OC that’s a fuzzy octoling DJ. Her name is originally Hotaro, but her DJ nickname is Houmataco (a wordplay on her name and Kuma, Japanese for bear)
She makes the music heard in Octo Plains
IMG_0340.jpeg
and then the one before she got mamalized.
IMG_0339.jpeg

Cephalobro

Finally managed to get an in-game picture of Coral, and yes, he sometimes uses the "Punk" hairstyle as his alternate hairstyle:

2024041219523800-4CE9651EE88A979D41F24CE8D6EA1C23.jpg

ikebro

Full Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
i have a lot of splatoon ocs, but this one is my favorite atm!!! (i'll make a full actual ref for him one day promise)
his name is damien, and he's 17 yrs old
he's completely born-and-raised in the splatlands (though did live in inkopolis square for a very brief period of time)
he's part colossal squid, which (among other things) makes him really tall and lanky, makes his ears ribbed, and gives him thorns on his tentacles. he keeps his hair long to keep the thorns away from his face (they're quite sharp!)
DAMIEN5 slightlycropped.png

damien is a huge music nerd!! he considers himself a hightide era superfan and is a prominent member in a local fanclub abt them. he even has hightide era's signatures on his helmet (which he almost NEVER takes off)
he mains the inkbrush almost exclusively and has a very erratic and chaotic temper
(there's a lot more to him than this, but i'm keeping it brief lol)
i have a bunch of stupid splatoon ocs and a lot of dumb lore for them, i might end up making something w/ it all one day!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom