Silly Painbrush Kit

Wufnik_ILY

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4759-1640-0993
For my very first post on this site, I shall present to you an idea I have been cooking up in my head for a while now. This might seem weird, but hear me out....
Painbrush_Kit.png

I will gladly explain my reasoning. I just don't want to fill this post with a wall of text.

SporeCloud

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3677-1552-8016
A big gripe I have with both of the painbrush kits at the moment is that neither of them have that threat factor a weapon of their range and power typically have. When you die to a roller - especially the vanilla roller - you know the roller suddenly just gained more freedom to move and take out the rest of your team. I don't think painbrush offers that kind of threat very often. The main weapon is slow and clunky, and the kits it has just don't let it do aggressive things very well.
I think this kit goes a long way to helping those issues. While the main weapon struggles to consistently be threatening due to its clunkiness, sprinkler would let it more quickly paint for its special when it's stuck doing that, and kraken gives it that immediate threat factor it so desperately wants. My only concern would be people using this weapon solely to farm for kraken cheese, but painbrush isn't a strong main weapon anyway (especially compared to the more popular 96 deco) so I doubt it will be too much of a terror. Besides, it looks super fun to play :)

Wufnik_ILY

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4759-1640-0993
I think that the differentiating factor between Painbrush being allowed to be threatening and it being forced to play passive is the ability to paint it's feet quickly. You can see this difference very clearly between both of its kits. Curling Bomb fixes so many holes that Painbrush has, some that you didn't even realize the weapon had to begin with. It also means that a very limited amount of subs work for it. Most bombs don't work super well for it because they don't paint it's feet fast enough. Chip damage bombs like Burst and Fizzy paint it's feet but Painbrush doesn't benefit from them as much because it can't combo off of them super effectively. Which is where Sprinkler comes in.

Painbrush is a very strong weapon when it comes to burst paint, but it can struggle to paint more consistently because of how slow it can be. Sprinkler fixes that problem, and allows Painbrush to paint walls easily, another issue both kits struggled with. Another thing Sprinkler does it it gives Painbrush a buffer, either to escape from a sticky situation, or the ability set up it's swing from a more aggressive position while the sprinkler tanks hits for it. Not only would Sprinkler help Painbrush with it's weaknesses, but also bring out more of it's strengths. One of Painbrush's biggest strengths, especially the vanilla kit, is the ability to take a key part of the map and be impossible to remove. Sprinkler allows Painbrush to take control of that area quickly, by setting up paint in that zone faster, AND it lets Painbrush defend itself from people trying to take that area by giving it armor to work with in a fight.

Kraken is much the same. Painbrush is a slow weapon, so one of the best ways to beat it is to just run at it with a shooter and dare it to respond. Well now Painbrush can just pop Kraken and turn the tables in an instant. Especially when Painbrush is holding down an area like it usually does, Kraken can offer Painbrush an escape route if things get hairy, or the perfect enforcer to defend that position and scare people into respecting it. Kraken even helps Painbrush get into those strong positions to begin with, and then it can use Sprinkler to defend itself once the Kraken runs out.

For the record, I don't think Painbrush will ever be good. But I like it that way. I love Painbrush because of the self-expression and creativity it enables. I like that it has unique strengths that no other weapon has, while also constantly encouraging you to solve problems in order to be effective rather than complain about them. Painbrush is my baby. I wouldn't have it any other way.

beyondinsane

Inkling
For my very first post on this site, I shall present to you an idea I have been cooking up in my head for a while now. This might seem weird, but hear me out....View attachment 8244

I will gladly explain my reasoning. I just don't want to fill this post with a wall of text.
Kraken would be crazy on this but i ain't too sure about sprinkler

demongecko

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6361-7521-3240
if this was a fizzy i'd scream i love painbrush and kraken but kraken isnt on any weapons i like and painbrush doesnt have any kits i like and painbrush and kraken probably go crazy together

KeenSaysGM

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4345-2051-1930
Painbrush is kinda funny to me bc I think the slow startup of the first swing really makes it appreciate having a mobility tool like curling, but putting that with Wavebreaker which is generally not very strong ends up making it feel unable to threaten anything out of its range which kinda sucks.

Missile on the other one is awesome but now it struggles to move much bc of sensor but at least it has a kit that can do something to people outside of its range.

The giant hitboxes would imply the weapon wants to trade but I don't think a missile weapon really wants to do that much, and the og is kinda forced to be linear with curling.

If the wep got curling/mobility sub and a special that threatened the mid to long range, I think that alone would make it way stronger.

Alternatively, Kraken makes its close range kinda insane but I think if you have a special like that, it needs a bomb to throw to not feel atrocious coming out of spawn in disadvantage the way Tri Nouveau has fizzy to offset short range sorta vibe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom