Since it hasn't been posted yet, what does everyone think of the new version 5.1.0?

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
Personally I like the changes, especially to both versions of the Nozzlenose. Also, Rollers in general have suffered as a class for a long time and I think that buffing the Splat and Carbon rollers is a good start to finally start fixing them and making them viable for competitive play again, or at least in the higher ranks. What do you think?

Lightspeed_Lunatic

Senior Squid
It's mostly fine, but I really don't get why they nerfed Stamper's special output. Maybe I'm biased as a stamper main, but it felt like the 30% ink efficency nerf was more than enough, and this is just taking away what little else it had.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Good overall. Nothing mind-blowing, but it's mostly positive.
It's mostly fine, but I really don't get why they nerfed Stamper's special output. Maybe I'm biased as a stamper main, but it felt like the 30% ink efficency nerf was more than enough, and this is just taking away what little else it had.
This is my biggest problem with the patch. I didn't understand why it got nerfed before and I certainly don't understand why it's getting nerfed AGAIN.

Widening the one-shot radius for the rollers could be a positive change, but we'll have to see how it actually plays out. It'll most likely be a good change for the splat roller, but the carbon swings so fast I could easily see this swinging towards making it frustrating to play against.

Mini and Hydra buffs are both great - the mini needed something else to make it stand out, and while I'm not sure the hydra NEEDED this it's going to make it a lot more fun use.

The reasoning behind the 5.1 getting a damage buff is also pretty funny.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Most of the changes are fine, I might pick up Hydra now. But as always I have some frustration with what wasn't changed.

Curling buff is just not enough, and I'm annoyed that every other bad subweapon remains untouched. The gap between top and bottom tier subs is IMO one of the biggest problems with this game's balance, one that dooms quite a lot of kits. I don't know why they've refused to address any of this for such a long time, and when we finally see one buff it's virtually nothing.

Zooka nerf is something, I do think it will have more impact that people might expect. But it doesn't address the jumpscare frustration. I really just wanted them to give it startup frames - S1 Inkzooka took 55f before you could fire the first shot, give Trizooka this treatment.

Shot and Zap are still 190p. Weird that Squeezer and Tri-Nouveau got nerfed before the biggest offenders did. I'm not asking either of these weapons to get dumpstered, they'll still be strong at 200p.

And what did CDS even do to deserve that?

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
It doesn't really affect me aside from increasing my reasoning for exclusively targeting rollers.
And apparently you use a Nautilus, so we're even. Rollers have had it rough for years now, so it's about time they finally got something.

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
I'm not liking it solely because now I'm seeing Aero RG and Kraken spams 🙄 They buffed Aero in the worst way possible rather than buff DPS, range, and RNG. I don't even know why they chose to buff Kraken.

But because of the buffs to Painbrush in particular, I chose to pick it up and well, it's something. I'm thinking of playing Hydr

Zooka nerf was what I was afraid of since I main Splattershot but it's not that bad.

All that being said, Aero RG and Kraken buff is so stupid.

9DB

Inkling Cadet
I'm not liking it solely because now I'm seeing Aero RG and Kraken spams 🙄 They buffed Aero in the worst way possible rather than buff DPS, range, and RNG. I don't even know why they chose to buff Kraken.

But because of the buffs to Painbrush in particular, I chose to pick it up and well, it's something. I'm thinking of playing Hydr

Zooka nerf was what I was afraid of since I main Splattershot but it's not that bad.

All that being said, Aero RG and Kraken buff is so stupid.
Yeah, there really wasn't a reason to buff Kraken. It's annoying enough as it is

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Kraken is in an odd spot. It's not threatening enough for how big of a commitment it is, it does force opponents to get out of its way... but not for long since the Kraken user has to spend part of their timer retreating back to a safe position at the end. And since the Kraken is a player, that's one less player who can fight during its duration. Compare that to Crab or Inkjet which also cost a player but are much more threatening for it, Kraken just isn't doing enough for that commitment. Speeding it up improves how far it can chase/displace opponents, and since it can retreat faster it can stay in just a little longer before doing so. I think the buff makes sense.

But then there's Clam Blitz, where Kraken remains super dumb just for getting jumps in. They really gotta address that in some way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom