• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

"Single Best Carrier"-type Tourney?

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
What do you think of a tourney that tries to determine the single strongest carrying player among the registrants? I'm thinking of hosting one but I would need enough interest (looking for a modest goal of 8 players to start, that share the same rank).

Basically, say 8 players sign up. The First Round would have randomly divided teams.

There would be 4 winners, and then the 4 winners will then be divided amongst the next two teams (2 winners on each team) for the Second Round.

This continues whereby the teams always end up balanced (strongest players with weakest players) and then after X rounds (haven't decided yet, maybe 3 or 5), the player with the best record wins. The rest of the players get ranked according to win-loss ratio.

I like the idea of teams tournies that this community seems to commonly use, but I think solo-type competition can be very fun as well.

Let me know what you think (do you think this is a good/bad idea, and why? Would you sign up?).

The tourney would try to be on a convenient day at a convenient time for everyone, like a weekend afternoon or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom